Kiva Lending Team: Candles for Dads
We loan because...
Dads are the best. We make loans to support hard-working dads, in memory of great dads passed.
When our dad passed from a sudden heart attack, we asked friends to light a candle in his memory. We received photos of candles from around the world, which provided comfort. This Kiva lending team is a virtual candle we're lighting in memory of great dads everywhere - their light and love will live on.
HOW TO LOAN WITH OUR KIVA TEAM:
1. Join Kiva, then join our "Candles for Dads" Lending Team.
2. After you've joined our Lending Team, find a dad on Kiva to loan to and make a loan of $25 or more.
3. During checkout, select to have your loan count towards our "Candles for Dads" Kiva Team's collective impact. Thanks!
HOW TO FIND DADS ON KIVA TO LOAN TO:
1. Find a Featured Candles for Dads loan on our Team Activity page, or on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/candlesfordads
2. Search for new dads to support on Kiva by clicking "Lend" in the Kiva main menu, then filter your search by gender and read profiles to find dads to loan to. Share your finds with us on facebook so we chip in as a group (we're still a small group, so plan to feature 1-2 loans a month for now).
HELP SHARE CANDLES FOR DADS:
1. Please connect with us on Facebook & Twitter and invite friends to join us:
Website: candlesfordads.org (forwards to Kiva Team Page)
2. Recruit friends to join our Kiva Lending Team. Kiva has some cool recruiting tools that (sometimes) even give you and friends who join a $25 credit to make loans when they join: www.kiva.org/team/CandlesForDads/recruit
3. Volunteer Research for Dad Loan Suggestions: If you find a great dad on Kiva for us to loan to, share the Kiva profiles on our facebook page so others on our team can chip in to reach the goal. We will feature at least one C4D loan each month.
4. Share a memory of a great dad you are donating in memory of on our facebook and twitter.
In memory of our dad, Shaman Mullick (1947 - 2012), and great dads everywhere. Your love and light live on.
6 messages. Join the team to get in on the action!
Joseph Louisius received a loan from Nirvan to increase stock levels of cooking stoves and generate more profit.
Santos Irineo received a loan from Nirvan to buy more extension cords that he needs to work in the metal workshop.
Theobard received a loan from Nirvan to buy a solar powered recharge station to recharge mobile phones and LED lights for rural households without electricity.
Cookclean Ghana received a loan from Nirvan to purchase raw materials in order to produce and distribute more life-changing clean cookstoves.
Levon received a loan from Nirvan to buy more bee colonies and also to buy several piglets and fodder for them as well.
Maria Isabel received a loan from Sam and Paul to purchase a new food cart and thus be able to offer employment to another person.
Have feedback on lending teams? Click here.