A loan of $2,075 helped a member to increase working capital.

Termitas Group's story

The communal bank, TERMITAS, is maD. up of 10 clients: 7 women and 3 women. 70% of the members live in the zone of Villa Copacabana, which is located in an area before arriving in the zone of Valle Hermoso and also near the San Gabriel Hospital. The other 30% of the members live around Escobar Uria, three blocks away from the line 15 bus stop. They make a living by selling food, clothing, and cosmetics, and sewing clothing, among other things. Despite performing different activities, they know each other very well and attend all of the meetings, listening with great attention because the majority have joined a communal bank for the first time.

Lourdes represents her bank as its president. She makes a living by sewing clothing, comforters, and bedspreads in her own workshop in the city of El A., near Civic Ave. She has been carrying out this activity for 10 years. This loan will be used for the purchase of supplies, such as rolls of fabric, sponges, and cotton. She lives in the zone Escobar Uria with her family. She does not have a husband, is a single mother, and maintains her home by herself.

She was elected because of her great capacity for managing people and getting to know all of her partners. Responsible and dynamic since the start of training, she has been providing her support to all of the members that make up the bank.

Maria occupies the position of the bank's treasurer. She makes a living by selling food and drinks by request for public and private institutions. She has been doing this activity for 5 years in her own home. This loan will be used for the purchase of wholesale supplies for her orders. She is married to Javier, who works as a primary care physician in the hospital Holandes, in the city of El A.. The couple has two children together.

Hernando was elected secretary of the bank for his development in public relations, within and outsiD. of the group. Also, he is dynamic in writing and coordinating. He is the chaffeur of Radio taxi for the company "Gold" in the zone Tembladerani. Additionally, he earns money renting out two-way radios. He will use this loan to purchase communication equipment (radios and others). He is married to Sidney, who is a housewife and takes care of their two 12-year-old children.

All of the members are responsible and hardworking people and will use this credit to increase their working capital and for the purchase of merchandise. They are very grateful for Emprender and Kiva, for providing them confidence through this loan grant.

In this group: Lourdes , Bismark, Maria Kasandra, Soledad Yancarla, Juana De Arco, Maria Isabel, Hernando Jimmy , Jacqueline , Carlos Gaston, Eliceth
*not pictured

Translated from Spanish by Kiva volunteer Mark Broscoe

Loan details

Lenders and lending teams

Loan details