Join Franz's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEgyptGehad is 27; she is married and has two little kids. She rents a piece of agricultural land with a good space (one acre) to cultivate with her husband soybeans, legumes, an...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMaricris is 32 years old and married with three children. Two of her children are still in school and Maricris works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a ge...Read their story >
- Fuel/FirewoodLiberiaGreetings from Liberia. This is 32-year-old Annie. She is living together with her partner, along with 3 children. They live at home. Annie attended school until the 4th gr...Read their story >
- BakeryPhilippinesMelanie is a married woman with four children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Melanie is 41 years old and has four children who are in school. Melanie has a baki...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanRoziyamoh lives in Temurmalik with her family. She is married with 4 children. For 15 years of her life, Roziyamoh has been raising cattle, and her husband helps her in thi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Franz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,217 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.