Join Franz's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PubUgandaEverce lives in Masindi, Uganda. She is a mother of three children, all of whom are in school. Everce has been operating a pub business for 20 years. Her desire is to be fi...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTima is a 39-year-old mother of two children. She owns and operates a small business cooking and selling barbecue in her community to earn a living.
Tima needs ...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaLiving, 37 years old, is a resident of Rwakacucu, Kiziba Sub county Rakai District and is married with 3 children. Living farms and he grows banana since 2008 aiming at im...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMargaret is 47 years old and has 2 children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very experienced farmer. Even though Margaret is the on...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesMarissa is a 45-year-old farmer from General Natividad, Nueva Ecija. She is happily married to Noli and they are blessed with three children. She has been engaged in the fa...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Franz, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,995 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.