Join Axel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Soft DrinksSierra LeoneMohamed is a 38-year-old man and married with four children, between the ages of 3 years and 15 years. He runs a drinks shop in Waterloo branch in a western region of Sierr...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- RetailPakistanGulnaz is 36 years old lady and a responsible mother of two sons and two daughters. She lives in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. She has been running a curtain business at home for p...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Higher education costsPalestineKhaled is from a village near Ramallah city in West Bank. He is a single man and lives with his parents, so he tries so hard to make his family proud of him. He is studying...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Metal ShopLebanonOmar is an 18-year-old Lebanese youth who dropped out from school and started his own business after working in different workshops to build his own experience and skills. ...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua
- TailoringPakistanSajida is a working woman. She is the mother of four children and lives with her family in the town of Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan.
Sajida has been providing the ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Axel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,495 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.