Join Axel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEunice and her family of eight children live and work on an eight-acre farm in Sigor village in Bomet county, Kenya. She keeps livestock and grows crops for food, such as b...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- RestaurantColombiaSara is a very determined woman no matter the type of adversities she faces in life, whether they be financial, family-related, or work-related. She started a restaurant b...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- AgriculturePeruElmer lives in the town of Tablones with his wife. At 37 years old, Elmer works in diverse trades, offering his services whether it be harvesting and drying coffee or being...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Norandino
- Animal SalesTajikistanShohnazar was born and grew up in the Hamadoni district. He is 47 years old and a father of two children. Shohnazar is an active and hardworking person. Despite the fact th...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaHaruna is a maize farmer from Jajin Dan Gana village. Haruna is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input ...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
Kiva lenders, like Axel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,137 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.