Join Axel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TransportationPakistanNazia is a 43-year-old married woman living along with her six children and spouse in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband has been driving a wagon for many years and ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaTabut is the true definition of a hard worker and a happy Father. He is a farmer in Eldoret, growing maize, raising poultry, and engaged in dairy farming. He produces mil...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorVidal lives with his parents and brothers in a humble home that the built themselves; he did not study due to his families' economic difficulties and so he decided to start...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- FarmingKenyaWinrose is a person who has had to overcome a lot of adversity in her life. However, she has always had the strength to overcome it and move forward with her five children....Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- PigsEcuadorJose is 47 years old. He lives in the rural parish of Cahuasqui. He is the father of three school-age children.
Jose works in agriculture, growing beans, and h...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Mujeres Unidas (CACMU)
Kiva lenders, like Axel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,700 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.