Join Axel's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanRa'no is cute and hardworking woman from the Shahrituz. She has 3 children. She is involved in sewing women's clothing. This work has been feeding her family for the past 7...Read their story >Funding via MDO Humo and Partners
- FarmingKenyaOver time, Grace has been persevering to reach her goal of improving her living conditions and having a better life. She is a loving and unassuming woman who works tireless...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- General StoreVietnamMrs. Nguyện is 57 years old and has two children. She is standing at first from left in the photo. In this group, her circumstances are the most difficult as her husband...Read their story >Funding via Thanh Hoa Microfinance Institution Limited Liability
- Cosmetics SalesPakistanSanober, 37, is married and the mother of four children. The family lives in the area surrounding Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband owns a small shop in which he sells beauty p...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Personal Housing ExpensesNicaraguaSilvio Javier is a happy man, he lives in the city of Bilwi, Puerto Cabezas. He is 50 years of old, and is married with 4 children who are elder. His ife works as a nurse, ...Read their story >Funding via Pana Pana
Kiva lenders, like Axel, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,207 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.