Join Mark & Evelyn's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesBurkina FasoOrokia is 55 years old, married and mother of 5 children. She has been selling various types of products for the past 20 years. She needs a loan to purchase charcoal used f...Read their story >
- SewingParaguayMr. Neri Fabian is from the city of Paraguarí. He has had a tailoring workshop for more than 10 years. He says that, thanks to the excellent work he does, he has a steady c...Read their story >
- Barber ShopUgandaSuleiman is a refugee who has long stayed in Uganda. He managed to beat the odds and set up a barber saloon since he was well versed with the activities and services.
...Read their story >
- ArtsUgandaHamzah is a repeat client, married with three children. He deals in art pieces which he sells to random customers.
He is missing out on income due to a lack of ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesParaguay“Mburucuya Poty” is a group that consists of 18 women. They are participating in their first loan cycle with the Women’s Committee Program. All of them have businesses th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Mark & Evelyn, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,298 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.