Join Nomad's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMercy is 31 years old and a mom of 4 who lives in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. She is a rural, smallholder farmer and a single mother who earned her knowledge in farming fro...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMary Ann is 33 years old and has two children.
Mary Ann is in the agricultural pig fattening business in the Philippines. Mary Ann requested a PHP 20000 loan thr...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasCelso lives in the village of Villa Santa with his wife and children. He earns income through his work growing coffee and in agriculture. He has several years' experience g...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanMavchudahon is 36 years old. She is a mother to two children. She is married and lives in the Yavan district. Her husband is working in Russia. She is alone raising her chi...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMildred is a good resident of Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija. She is 31 years old, happily married to John and is blessed with 1 child, and they are still pursuing their studies. Sh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Nomad, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,481 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.