Join Pamela's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingArmeniaGor is 24 years old and he lives with his nice wife and a 1-year-old child in the frontier village of Aknaghbyur of the Tavush region.
Gor has higher education ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Zuhro. She is a very clever and polite woman who takes care of her two children.
Zuhro works hard to provide her children with good l...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesMyanmar (Burma)Pictured above are the loan customers from Kyauk Myay- 1 (D) Group. They are Kyaw, Zar, Khine and Khin.
The only man in the picture, first from the left, is the...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorArcadia managed to attend school through the second grade. She is married, and her husband works in agriculture. Her children are independent and no longer live with them...Read their story >
- RickshawPakistanMunawar Bibi is a 52-year-old married woman and has four children. She is living with her family in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is standing with her son in the pictur...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pamela, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,411 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.