Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorCándida is 57 years old and never had the opportunity to study because her parents told her that ‘letters didn’t get eaten’. She is married and a mother of four who are als...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesBoliviaLuis is 23 years old and lives in his parents’ house. Luis has a job as a mason’s helper, and he also attends the university. Luis needs a loan to purchase construction mat...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesPakistanKaneez is 42 year old working woman. She is with her husband in the photo. After her marriage, she felt that she should support her husband to improve their financial condi...Read their story >
- FoodParaguayThe group called Koeju are part of the poverty elimination program where one of the members is Valvina. She is a hardworking and enterprising person who strives for a bette...Read their story >
- RetailUgandaNoeline lives in Kagadi. She is a Ugandan by nationality,aged 30, with two children ages 10 and 8 who attend school. She owns a retail shop that sells general merchandise l...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,969 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.