Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreTanzaniaMajura is in his late 50's, married and has six grown children. He is a very hard working father who has been running a business that sells airtime, stationery, beverages, ...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- CattleEl SalvadorLucio did not have the opportunity to study and learned to write when he assisted a community literacy program. He is married and his wife works as a homemaker. They have 1...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- Food StallPakistanThis is Sajida from Pakistan! She is married and the mother of a son.
Sajida requested a loan for her husband; he conducts a food stall offering fried fish to t...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Fish SellingKenyaSuleiman is a married woman and has been blessed with three children, all of whom attend school. Together with her husband, they live in their own house that has neither el...Read their story >Funding via Yehu Microfinance Trust
- General StoreUgandaJosephat is a hard working businessman aged 36 years, married with 2 children and living in Kamwenge-Uganda. He operates a general merchandise retail shop with his wife as ...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,043 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.