Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringKenyaSalome is a married woman with three children. Salome operates a tailoring shop where she makes clothes. She has been involved in this business for five years. Her busi...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- PropertyUgandaDamazo is a married man aged 35 years who lives in the Kagongo a suburb in the Ibanda distict. He is a medical officer with a major referral hospital in Ibanda.
...Read their story >Funding via UGAFODE Microfinance
- Personal Housing ExpensesCambodiaNy is a farmer living in Thmei village, Svay Doun Kaev Commune, Bakan district, Pursat province. He is 45 years old now. Ny is the father of two children who are still his ...Read their story >Funding via Hattha Kaksekar Limited (HKL)
- Motorcycle RepairPakistanNeelam is a simple housewife and is living with her two children and husband in the area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Her husband is a motorcycle mechanic by profes...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- TailoringPakistanShaheen Akhter is a happily married woman. She lives in Gujrat, Pakistan with her four family members. Some years ago, she decided to bear some of her family’s expenses by ...Read their story >Funding via Jinnah Welfare Society (JWS)
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,665 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.