Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesNicaraguaThe solidarity group Meyling is made up of three members who are enterprising and focused people who plan their objectives in their economic and personal growth. The coordi...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres (ADIM)
- Food Production/SalesGuatemalaVioleta is a single mother and has worked selling tortillas for 20 years. Currently she also sells eggs and phone charges. Violeta asks for a loan to purchase corn to make ...Read their story >Funding via FAPE
- TailoringPakistanTanzeem Akhtar is a 56 year old married woman. She lives in Gujrat, Pakistan. She supports her family through her tailoring business. She has been working as a tailor for t...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Personal Products SalesColombiaKeyla is a young 22-year-old businesswoman, who followed the advice of her mother and got involved in sales through specialized catalogues in 2014. Keyla is a single mother...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- FarmingPeruSantos Pablo is 44 years old and in a civil union. He lives in a house he owns, along with his wife and five children, in the Cañaris district of the Ferreñafe province in ...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,137 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.