Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Construction SuppliesVietnamHa is a 39-year-old woman who is married and living with her husband and three kids in Dong Hoi city, a seaside city in Vietnam. For the first time, and in order to buy cem...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesMerlinda is 62 years old, married and has four children.
Merlinda is in the agricultural business of pig fattening in the Philippines. She requested a PHP 15,000...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA resident living in Koh Nhek district’s Mondulkiri province, Hart is 34 years old. She has two schoolchildren.
To support her family, she is growing rice as he...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanThe person in the photograph is Qiyomidin. He is 34 years old, married, and the father of the four children. He has one daughter and three sons. Qiyomidin is hardworking an...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaSina is a married mother of three children. She is currently living in a small house located in Kampong Thom province.
Growing rice and catching fish have been ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,237 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.