Join Ana Lewis's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Butcher ShopPalestineRani is a 35-year-old married man from Tulkarem. He has two sons and one daughter. He owns a small butcher's shop. He took a USD loan from FATEN to buy a butcher machine. ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- CerealsKenyaThis is Eunia, a kind and unassuming smallholder farmer who is 37 years old. She hails from the Nandihills area of Kenya. Her desire to get ahead is admirable because, desp...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
- Grocery StoreCambodiaSarom is a 49-year-old married grocer with a dependent teenager. She resides in a village in the Kampong Chhnang Province in Cambodia. She has been in this business for ove...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution Plc.
- FarmingEl SalvadorRamon is 64 years old and lives in his own house with his wife and son. He has worked in agriculture for more than ten years. He sells his products in the neighboring towns...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- AgricultureEl SalvadorMaria, who is 45 years old, lives alone in her own house. She has made a living growing corn and raising pigs for 10 years. She sells her products in the neighboring villag...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Ana Lewis, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,992 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.