Join Alexandra's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureTajikistanThis is Ranogul. She is 60 years old. She is a native resident of a municipality called Shahrituz. Shahrituz is found on the southwestern part of Tajikistan. Ranogul is ver...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaGrace (23) is a mother. She plans to use her wits in farming to enable her to arrive at her goals. She has great dreams and ambitions in her life.
She ventured i...Read their story >
- RetailBoliviaThe “Ades” communal bank, a part of the Agencia Alto Lima, consists of eight members and is led by a board of directors. Adela is the president. She is married and has one ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMary, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent her group of 7 farmers in Alego District. She is 61 years old, married and has...Read their story >
- Food MarketCongo (DRC)Madame Jolie is a client of Hekima IMF and president of the "Uaminifu Kwetu" business group; she is married, 29 years old, and mother to four children, three of whom attend...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alexandra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,635 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.