Join Alexandra's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingUgandaIbrahim is a farmer and a married man with four children, all in school. His main activity is farming, mainly growing of bananas on large scale, which has made him develop ...Read their story >
- DairyMoldovaMaria is 55 years old and married. She raises animals and later sells them on the market. Her husband worked in construction but had to leave his job due to illness. Maria’...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesSenegalThis group was created in June of 2012. It is made up of seven members who share strong ties of solidarity and mutual aid. They live in the same neighborhood and are acti...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJuvy is 39 years old and married with six children.
Juvy runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to sel...Read their story >
- AgricultureSenegalThis group is made up of 8 women. They live in the same neighbourhood and are linked by friendship. Their common business interests started the group in 2018. They all work...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alexandra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,689 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.