Join Alexandra's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesPhilippinesMilagros is married to Benny, and they blessed with four children. Their children are currently studying.
The couple would like to further expand their vending ...Read their story >
- Fish SellingIndonesiaGood day lenders!
Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Saroh. She is Thirty five years-old and married with one son and one daughter.
Saroh has been a trader...Read their story >
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanMuhsiddin is a 36-year-old native of the city of Nurek. He is an exemplary family man and the father of three children. Muhsiddin is a responsible man, and he is supposed t...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMay, 58 years old, is a widow with three children. May works very hard to provide for them. For the past ten years, May has run a general store in the Philippines. She has ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaNafanua is a 47-year-old mother with seven children. She owns and operates a small business of cooking and selling BBQ in her community to earn a living.
Nafanu...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Alexandra, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,000 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.