Join Oli's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreRwandaJacqueline is a 26-year-old mother of three children who are aged between 3 and 5. Her husband is a businessman, and for the past three years, she has been running a grocer...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesTogoElyse is 42 years old, married and a mother of two. She buys bales of pagne [traditional wrap cloth] to resell them individually in her shop.
She is requesting ...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorLuz is a rural woman who is 48 years old. She lives with her husband and two children. They own a home that is fully habitable even though the construction has yet to be ...Read their story >
- CafeTurkeyCemile is a 38-year-old single woman with a secondary education degree. Cemile has been separated from her husband and has been the sole breadwinner of her family for 12 ye...Read their story >
- General StoreEcuadorJuana Mercedes is 35 years old and has three children. Her husband is a laborer. They live in La Sequita in the canton of Montecristi. It's a place of honest and hardworkin...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Oli, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,774 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.