Join Jen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaA married woman living in Tbaung Khmum province, Sophorn is 45 years old and has six children, but only three are still dependent on her. She is growing corn to earn her ma...Read their story >
- Animal SalesTajikistanBuvsolia is a cheerful woman. She is married and has two children. She and her family live with her husband's retired parents in a rural area.
Her husband works...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaVeang is a 38-year-old married woman with four children. Nowadays, she needs to support three schoolchildren. They live in Preah Vihear province. She earns income to improv...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaA local villager of Kampong Thom province, Nin is 36 years old and a married mother of three children, two of whom are in school. Rice farming has been the main source of h...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanNazia is a 27-year-old, married woman living in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. She is pictured with her brother.
He owns a clothing store; his practice is to buy...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Jen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,672 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.