Join Loes's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorGregorio is married and has two daughters. His partner works taking care of the home.
For ten years Gregorio has worked in agriculture. He learned this trade fro...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCarren is 26 years old, married and blessed with four school-going children. She has had a land farming business for five years earning a monthly of KES 4,000.
S...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesBetty is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with five children.
Betty runs a fish vending in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to buy ad...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAgnes, 41, is a woman who has only one thought in her mind: to work hard to move forward. She is a practical woman. She has no higher education or work experience--only her...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLelebeth is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a pig fattening business in the Philippines.
Lelebeth is borrowing PHP 10000 through NWTF to purchase feed and ot...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Loes, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,227 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.