Join Waldorf School of Baltimore's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreRwandaFlorence is a 40-year-old widowed mother of four children who are aged between 10 to 20 years old. For the past five years, Florence has owned a grocery store.
S...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesBurkina FasoZourata is a mother of four children, three of whom attend school. She has been a charcoal seller for twelve years in a neighborhood of the capital city. She is on her fift...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaJoseling began selling ice cream in her house. When she saw that the business was bringing very good results, she took the initiative to invest in snacks, candy, and soft d...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanSadolat, a citizen of Zafarabad, was born in 1961. She has a family and cares for five children. She is a wise, kind and hard-working woman.
Sadolat is a busine...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesMarcelita is a hardworking woman entrepreneur with three children.
She runs a food vending business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NW...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Waldorf School of Baltimore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,168 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.