Join Waldorf School of Baltimore's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fish SellingCongo (DRC)The previous loan helped to strengthen the activity by increasing the stock to meet customer demand.
This new loan will be used to buy salted fish wholesale, as...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJevy is a resident of Baybay, Leyte. He is 43 years old, married and has two dependents. To earn a living, he and his family operates a sari-sari (variety) store. They have...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliBakary is in the photo with the cow. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, he is representing the group. He is 41 years old. Bakary didn't have the opportunity to go to school. He ...Read their story >
- HardwareMadagascarHaingo is satisfied because the last loans enabled her to increase her supplies and satisfy her customers' needs. Furthermore, the profit she realized enabled her to purch...Read their story >
- RestaurantRwandaBeatrice is 42 years old and single. For the past two years, she has owned and operated a restaurant in her community.
Beatrice is the leader of the group named...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Waldorf School of Baltimore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,778 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.