Join Waldorf School of Baltimore's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanYulchiboi is a forty-eight-year-old resident of the Khuroson district. He is married and has three wonderful children. Yulchiboi lives with his parents, spouse, and kids. H...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesEl SalvadorConsuelo Elizabeth lives with her two children, ages 17 and 14, who depend on her economically because she is a single mother.
For 25 years, Consuelo has worked ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAlicia is 45 years old and married with seven children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 19,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to ...Read their story >
- FishingEl SalvadorMauricio is in a relationship and his partner is a housewife.
He is an artisanal fisherman and learned the trade from one of his friends. His work schedule is...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesSisa is 48 years old and married with four children.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 25,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to sel...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Waldorf School of Baltimore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.