Join Waldorf School of Baltimore's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PoultryGuatemalaSilvia, a 26-year-old married mother of 3 children (18 mos.-7 yrs), has developed a poultry business raising chickens and selling eggs in 3 nearby local markets. Her effort...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaJancinta is 28 years old and married with five children. She is a dairy farmer who also sells clothing. She has been in this business for the past year. On a monthly basis ...Read their story >
- ComputerIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Maimunah. She is 49 years old and married, with four sons. She and her husband run a business selling food. One of her childre...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesRwandaJosepha is a 55-year-old mother of five children who are between the ages of 13 and 25 years old. Her husband is a taxi driver, and for the past twelve years she has been s...Read their story >
- General StoreSamoaFetu is 39 years old and married with 5 children. She owns and operates a small store where she sells a variety of items. She has been doing this for 5 years.
S...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Waldorf School of Baltimore, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,094 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.