Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaMustapha is a maize farmer from Hayin Allahuwa village. He is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous input l...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- FoodBoliviaThe communal bank "Progreso II" (Progress II) will begin its first cycle on Pro Mujer as part of the German Busch Focal Center. It is composed of 11 members and is directed...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Pro Mujer
- PigsEcuadorDilma is a Colombian woman who's 34 years old and lives in a domestic partnership. She has five children. Her partner is a day laborer, and this humble family lives in a le...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesAntonia is juggling a business and supervising the renovation of their home. Antonia hopes to live comfortably with a house of good roofing supported by her loan of PHP 40,...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- CattleEcuadorSulay is 25 years old. She is married and has two children aged 6 and 2 years old. Her husband does day labor. The house they live in belongs to a family member. Sulay make...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,778 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.