Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaHumberto is a 35-year-old man, married, and a resident of the Pacamaché village located in Suchitepéquez. He is a man who, day by day, works to give his family the best and...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- FarmingKenyaLucy, pictured, is a group leader and is representing her group, formed by ten farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2010, and d...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Higher education costsPalestineMahmud is a 20-year-old man from a village near the city of Nablus in the West Bank. He is studying English literature at the local university. His family consists of nine ...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- Primary/secondary school costsNigeriaMuhammad is a maize farmer from Magaji village. Muhammad is happy to be a member of Babban Gona, a partner in the fight against poverty. Building on his previous loan, Muha...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- TailoringPakistanKubra is a working woman. She is the mother of three children, and lives with her family in the town of Gujrat, Pakistan.
She has been providing the service of ...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,986 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.