Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreEl SalvadorBlanca is married and lives with her husband. They had two children together who now have their own families, and live separately from them. Blanca works selling pupusas, a...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJuan is 50-years old. He lives in his own home with his wife. For a number of years he has made his living growing corn and beans. He has worked in agriculture since he ...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- PoultryGeorgiaKhatuna is 41 years old married woman. She lives with her husband and 2 children in Kobuleti district. The family is involved in agricultural activities. In particular, the...Read their story >Funding via LLC Micro Finance Organization Credo
- Personal Housing ExpensesLebanonZarifa is a 36-year-old, married mother of four. Eleven years ago, she started working in beauty care to help her husband in covering the needs and expenses of their childr...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Personal Housing ExpensesMexicoCristian lives in Xochimilco with his wife Nadia and son Cristian. He works as a local locksmith. Cristian and Nadia have been living in their current house for 8 years. Th...Read their story >Funding via Ecoblock International
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,693 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.