Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaIrene is a smallholder farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She lives in a remote village in the Eldoret area of Kenya where she practices organic farming. Th...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaEzekiel is a single, hard-working man, who runs a shop for a living. He sells foodstuffs and general household goods, and he likes interacting with his customers. He is res...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaJohn Bosco is thirty-six years old and married. He lives in the countryside near the border of Ntungamo and Isingiro. It is an area difficult to access. He lives with his f...Read their story >
- Higher education costsJordanLaith is a university student. He is studying Program Engineering in his final year. He is 26 years old and as soon as he finished high school, he enrolled in university bu...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueConstantino has his own house and is married. He is the father of two young children who are not yet of school age. He does not have a regular job and depends on informal e...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,945 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.