Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreLebanonIbtissam, a 57-year-old woman, is asking for a second loan from Ibdaa, a Kiva partner. She needs to buy additional food and cleaning products for her grocery store. She use...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreColombiaThanks to the help of her previous Kiva loan, María was able to buy groceries, provisions, meats, dairy products, and vegetables. In addition, she was able to repair the r...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaHello, Kiva community! Lucina is a smallholder farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Eldoret in the Rift v...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría is happy to have the opportunity to work with loans as in this way she has had the opportunity to improve her business so her customers feel satisfied and her sales a...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesLebanonRochine, a 36-year-old woman, lives with her husband in a rented apartment in Beirut, Lebanon. She started her home-based business in 2011, selling makeup and beauty produc...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,425 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.