Join David & Allison's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEcuadorCarlos is 30 years old and has a nine year old son called Anderson who has attended state school since he was young. His father is motivated to work hard in the fields to p...Read their story >Funding via VisionFund Ecuador
- FishingPhilippinesAnabella is a married woman with two children, who are both in school. She is 41 years old and is a very hard working entrepreneur.
Anabella has a fishing busin...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- ServicesNicaraguaAt age 54, Cecilia has a great desire to improve her situation. She is a very hard worker and established her own office module rental 11 years ago. Little by little she ...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- Soft DrinksUgandaPeter is 52 years old and lives in the town of Kiyinda in the Mubende region of Uganda. He is married and has seven children, with one of them currently in school. For the ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Uganda
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJuan only had the opportunity to go to school up to the eighth grade. He doesn’t have a partner, but he does have a son, who he supports so he can have a dignified life. ...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like David & Allison, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,650 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.