Join Greg's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingEl SalvadorJosé is single and lives in his own house with his mother, who depends upon him.
Since he was young, José has worked in agriculture. The site where he ...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Shabana, a married lady living in Gujranwala, Pakistan with her family. She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a tailor for many years. She is a professi...Read their story >
- LivestockKyrgyzstanGulpikar is 53 years old, married, and the mother of three children. Gulpikar has vocational education. She looks at life optimistically, knows exactly what she wants and a...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorRoberto has had a partner since he was young. He has three children, who are already adults. Roberto earns a living in agriculture and raising cattle, and he learned the bu...Read their story >
- Shoe SalesGeorgiaMalkhaz is a 45-year-old married man from Rustavi city. He has a wife and two school-aged sons. His wife works as a stylist and earns a small income. Malkhaz has a high lev...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Greg, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,686 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.