Join Bill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreNicaraguaYears ago, Marisela decided to start a business that would generate income to defray household expenses and put food on the table. She began with growing melon and a small ...Read their story >
- RetailLiberiaFinda is a 43-year-old entrepreneur who is living together with her partner along with five children. She never had the opportunity to attend school, but all of her childre...Read their story >
- General StoreSolomon IslandsElsie is a 28-year-old woman who is a single mother of one child and they live in a rural community outside Honiara, capital of Solomon Islands.
She runs a smal...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Lucy is 57 years old and widowed with five children. With a child in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philipp...Read their story >
- FoodEcuadorLaura Celeste and her family live in the city of Santa Ana, known for its beautiful resorts of sweet water, a city which has been very affected financially because of the ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,010 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.