Join Bill's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreSolomon IslandsLoise is 49 years old, and she is married with four children. They live in a community in Honiara, the capital of the Solomon Islands.
Loise runs a small genera...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesTajikistanMavluda is a generous woman from Shahristan, Tajikistan who was born in 1971. She is from the southern part of the country and lives in a rural area. She is married with on...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesKosovoIlir is 24 years old married man and father of three children 5 years old and 5 months. Faced with his economic situation, he works as a waiter in a bakery with very low sa...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanGulperi is 30 years old, married, and is raising four children. She is pictured with her youngest son. She has a secondary education, knows the technology of agricultural a...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaEtevise is 29 years old and married with two children. She has a small plantation where she grows taro and bananas that she can sell in her community or at the market. She ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Bill, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,276 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.