Join Vago's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesNoemi is 31 years old and married with two children.
Noemi runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to buy items to s...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesNaomi is a single woman with three children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Naomi is 51 years old and one of her children is still in school.
Naomi has...Read their story >
- Animal SalesCambodiaPleko is 51 years old and she lives with her husband. She is a duckling raiser at Takeo Province of Cambodia. Since 1987, she has been collecting experience in this job and...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSalisu is married and lives with his family in a modest cement house in a small village in Kaduna state. In his community, farming is the primary occupation and, like many ...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesLita is 63 years old and married with four children. Two of them are in school. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a rice retailing business in th...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vago, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,149 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.