Join Vago's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesTongaMeet Mele. She is 55 years old, and she is a single mother to five grownups. Mele currently runs a canteen business where she cooks light food and sells it at the primary s...Read their story >
- BakerySamoaLita is 32 years old and has three children. She runs a small bakery in her community, which she has been doing for four years.
Lita requested a loan from SPBD,...Read their story >
- RetailNicaraguaXiomara is a 42-year-old woman She is single and is raising one son. She identifies as a cheerful, hardworking and respectful person. Four years ago, she decided to open a ...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorEldis attended school until fifth grade. He lives with his partner who is a housekeeper. He has four children of which the two oldest attend school.
Eldis makes ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaHello from Litein.
Rosyline is a 67-year-old mom of 4 children. She is a smallholder farmer who loves and enjoys farming. During the few years that she has been ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Vago, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,094 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.