Join Theo's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesAs a married parent of four children, Regie works hard to support her family. She has a tricycle taxi business in the Philippines and is borrowing PHP 20,000 through NWTF t...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonBERNARD is a 26 year old married man and father of three children between the ages of 1 to 7 years old. Two of them go to school. He has a 50 year old cocoa plantation in a...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesGuatemalaRosario is a 25-year-old woman. She is married, with a lovely family she lives with in a community in Chicacao.
In order to earn some income, she works selling ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreHondurasPetronila is 36 years old and lives in Colonia Nueva Comayagua. She has a business making and selling tortillas which she is joining to a convenience store because she want...Read their story >
- RestaurantUgandaFaridah is 21 years old and lives in the town of Njeru in the Njeru region of Uganda. For the past two years, Faridah has been working hard to manage her restaurant, which ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Theo, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,465 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.