Join Leslie and Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodCambodiaKhimlan is 41 years old and is a married woman with two children. She sells fish and vegetables. Her husband is a blacksmith. She has been running this business for three y...Read their story >
- CattleEcuadorAngel Manuel is a single, 34 year-old man, who lives with his son and 10 year-old relative. He raises pigs and works as a livestock farmer. With this loan, he would like to...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaThis marks Elsa's third borrowing to finance her business. She is grateful to VisionFund Kenya for allowing her to improve her livelihood and provide for her family.
...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRose Ann is 22 years old. She is married and has two children who are in school.
She is in the agricultural business in the Philippines. Rose Ann requested a PHP...Read their story >
- FarmingSolomon IslandsWendy wants to thank her Kiva lenders for their support with her previous loan which had enabled her to purchase additional gardening tools for her farming business.
...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Leslie and Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,548 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.