Join Leslie and Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockTimor-LesteJilio has been involved in business activities for many years now. He has a livestock business, which he first started with his own working capital. Raising and selling ani...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBendatista is a 30-year-old single mom of three children who is one of the most hard-working women in sub-Saharan Africa. Being a single mother and living in a poor country...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanIdimoh is grateful for the support and care. She used the loan as intended and made a profit. Idimoh wants to seek support again and buy another pair of young bulls in orde...Read their story >
- Food MarketTajikistanBahriniso is a happily married woman at the age of 34. She lives in Qubadiyan region with her two children. Her husband is a migrant in Russia. Bahriniso sells dried fruits...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaUmaru is married. He has applied for a 2,500,000 UGX loan in order to purchase manure and mulch for his plantation. This will enable higher production since his soil will b...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Leslie and Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,375 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.