Join Jon Olson's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailCongo (Dem. Rep.)The capital that Lea used to set up her business (sale of various items: cooking utensils, bed sheets...) came from various origins: her husband's salary, help from a frien...Read their story >Funding via Programme d'Appui aux Initiatives de Développement Economique au Kivu (PAIDEK)
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaBenson is a married man. He has four children. He describes himself as dedicated.
He operates a retail business, where he sells fruits and vegetables. He has be...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Home EnergyPalestineOsama, who appears in the photo, is a 31-year-old man from the Gaza strip. He is a married man living with his lovely wife, and he is trying so hard to provide his family w...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
- ServicesEcuadorSolanda is 48 years old, separated, and from her former relationship has 3 children who are now legal adults. They all still live in her house; one studies at the universit...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- FarmingKenyaSabuni is 54 years old and has five children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is always said to be a very trustworthy person. Even though Sabuni is the onl...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
Kiva lenders, like Jon Olson, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,773 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.