Join Hugh's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ArtsColombiaThank you for supporting Jeimmy Jhoan with his previous loan. With this he bought wood, paint, bases, and ribbons, This loan allowed him to increase his sales and profits...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesRosita is 54 years old and married with three children, one of whom is still in school.
Rosita is in the agricultural business raising pigs in the Philippines. S...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEcuadorLeidy Diana is 28 years old. She is separated and has two children, ages 9 and 2. They live in Portoviejo, a place with beautiful rural landscapes and beaches, and a place ...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesEcuadorRosa Margarita and her family live in Montecristi, which is a city of hard working craftspeople. Like the rest of the county, this place was very affected by the COVID-19 p...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesJennifer is 46 years old and has three children.
She is in the agricultural business, pig fattening in the Philippines. Jennifer requested a PHP 13,000 loan thro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hugh, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 10,551 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.