Join Hugh's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailGuatemalaSara is the leader. She has been making a living selling sewing materials like ribbon for pants and t-shirts, buttons, fabric for pants and t-shirts in a shop in the centre...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesMary Lou is a widowed woman, who is 52 years old with two children. Mary Lou has a direct selling business in the Philippines.
Mary Lou requested a PHP 30,000...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaAnn, 40, is a hardworking, happily married woman who is blessed with three children. She engages in dairy farming and is able to select a good breed of cows just by looking...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesMa. Ricthel works hard to support her family. Ma. Ricthel is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
Ma. Ricthel requested a PHP 14,000 loan...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorAntonio has a life partner and two children who attend to school. He has worked in farming since he was a young boy; his father taught him this trade. The plot where he cul...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Hugh, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,118 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.