Join Gareth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsVietnamMrs. Mang, born in 1969, is a Thai ethnic woman. Her family has four members, including her husband and her two sons. The family is living in Mai Son district, Son La provi...Read their story >
- Home AppliancesCambodiaLonh’s Group lives in a rural village in Kampong Thom Province in Cambodia. Lonh makes a living cultivating rice to support his family. In his village there is no reliable ...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA villager from Pursat province, Yan turns 38 this year. She is a married mother blessed with 4 dependent children. Yan has been growing rice since she was 18; she also has...Read their story >
- HardwareColombiaÁlvaro, 60 years old, is a hardware dealer from Chocontá, a municipality of Cundinamarca, where his business is located in the center of the municipality. He is the father ...Read their story >
- RetailColombiaThanks for supporting Miriam with her previous Kiva loan. With it, she was able to increase her sales. She was able to travel to the city of Medellín to purchase garments a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Gareth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,265 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.