Join Gareth's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaSoknov, 48, is married and has three children, 10 to 22 years old. She resides in the Kratie province of Cambodia. She and her husband are farmers and have been growing ric...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Sporting Good SalesPakistanSafia is a 41-year-old married woman. She lives in the remote area of Sialkot city, Pakistan, with her six family members. She stitches and sells handmade footballs to earn...Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- Soft DrinksSierra LeoneGreetings from Kissy by pass,a community near the small and busy Eastern area in Freetown.
This is 49 years old Salamatu, a married mother with 3 children. Her ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Sierra Leone
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Gai, 33 years old, is a mother of two children. She wants to build a new toilet to use to improve her family’s health and living standards but she is short of money now...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
- Used ClothingKenyaEvalyne is a happily married lady aged 41 years to an engineer.They have 3 children aged 21,17 and 7 years old and they support one another. Evalyne runs a boutique for a l...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like Gareth, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.