Join JJ's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesResa is 43 years old and married with two children still in school, Resa works very hard to provide for them.
Resa runs a general store in the Philippines and re...Read their story >
- AgricultureSamoaElisapeta is a 38 year old mother with 1 child. She has a small business selling vegetables such as cabbage, eggplant and cucumber in her community to earn a living. She ...Read their story >
- RetailSenegalThis group of women was created in September 2013. They live in the same area and have strong ties of family and solidarity. Their main activity is retail.
Bec...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesEmelyn is 39 years old and has five children. Emelyn is married and has three children who are currently in school.
Emelyn is in the agricultural business raisin...Read their story >
- General StoreKenyaSyombua is thankful to Kiva and its lenders for the previous loan that enabled her to buy toiletries and cereals. She used the increased income to provide better medical ca...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like JJ, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,838 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.