Join Thomas Weber's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StoreKenyaPamela is a married lady aged 39 years. She lives in Muhoroni and she is a business lady.
Pamela is a shopkeeper who likes her job. She wakes up very early to se...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesRichel is 40 years old, married with two children, and resides in Gata Daku, Clarin, Misamis Occidental in the Philippines. She has a rice farm to manage, and she's been in...Read their story >Funding via Gata Daku Multi-purpose Cooperative (GDMPC)
- Spare PartsUgandaSadam is a married man of 24 years. He owns a retail shop of motorcycle spare parts that he started with consolidated savings to boost his family's welfare, and he has oper...Read their story >Funding via HOFOKAM Ltd., a partner of Catholic Relief Services
- Clothing SalesEcuadorAurora and her family live in Portoviejo. This city was devastated after the severe earthquake that occurred on April 16, 2016. This event affected Aurora's house, leaving ...Read their story >Funding via Fundación ESPOIR
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJonathan is a single young man, 22 years old, and has lived with his aunt and uncle in a colony to the north of the Monterrey metropolitan area since he was a boy. He works...Read their story >Funding via Alivio Capital
Kiva lenders, like Thomas Weber, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,865 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.