Join Thomas Weber's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEl SalvadorOscar was able to study until high school. He is married and his spouse works sewing wedding dresses and other types of garments. He has three children who currently attend...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorFátima is a very hard-working woman who desires to get ahead. She lives with her two minor-aged children. Her partner is not with her as he emigrated to the United States i...Read their story >
- Food MarketHondurasDulce is a single mother and lives in Poncaya Olancho in western Honduras. Her main source of income is her business selling groceries: soda, juice, basic grains, eggs, a v...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaRose's Group is formed by 13 farmers in Teso District and is being represented by Rose, who is the group leader pictured above. She is 33 years old, is married, and has fou...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaAlex's Group is formed by fifteen farmers in Webuye District and is being represented by Alex, who is the group leader pictured above. He is 44 years old, is married and ha...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas Weber, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,231 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.