Join Thomas Weber's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleHondurasSantos David is 46 year old. He is married and lives with his wife and five children who are dependent on him. They live in neighborhood of Poncaya Catacamas. He has been m...Read their story >
- FoodSierra LeoneIsata is a 37-year-old married woman and a mother of two children aged 17 and four months. She is determined to provide a decent living for her family. She realized that th...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorEdison is a humble man, 32 years old, in a common-law marriage, and has a 3-year-old son. Edison and his family live in his mother's house. He works in agriculture, specifi...Read their story >
- Food StallPakistanThirty-one-year-old Tasllem is a married woman with three children. The man shown in the photo is her brother-in-law. He has been running a fast food shop for many years. H...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesTajikistanHamidakhon is 40 years old and unmarried. For more than 13 years, Hamidakhon has been engaged in the business of selling fabrics for national dresses. She gets up early to ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas Weber, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,516 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.