Join Thomas Weber's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaTom is a 44-year-old mother and wife. She has three children who are dependents. Her main source of income is from rice farming and selling grocery items, which she has bee...Read their story >
- FarmingMoldovaViorel is 32 years old and is from the town of Telenesti. He is married with one child. He grew up in a family with a long tradition of raising sheep. His mother, Tamara, m...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanManzooran is a female entrepreneur and is struggling to bring prosperity to her family along with her husband. She is 58 years old and lives in a small house with seven fam...Read their story >
- Furniture MakingColombiaSergio is a young carpenter from the town of Funza who decided to continue his family's legacy. He specializes in making bedrooms, dining sets, doors, windows and any type ...Read their story >
- FarmingMyanmar (Burma)Soe is a 49-year-old married man. He has four family members (three male and one female) and lives in a small village. His business is farming on seven acres of rented land...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Thomas Weber, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,681 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.