Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CarpentryKenyaKepha is a married man. He has five children. He describes himself to be passionate.
He operates a carpentry shop where he makes furniture. His business is loca...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureKenyaThe gentleman in a black coat is Boniface. He is married and blessed with 4 children. He is a member of Lower Eastern Development Organization group which joined Hand in Ha...Read their story >Funding via Hand in Hand Eastern Africa
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Ma, who was born in 1964, is a Kinh ethnic woman. She has been participating in the M7 MFI program since 2013. She lives with her husband in the Mai Son District of ...Read their story >Funding via M7 Microfinance Institution
- FarmingPeruEfrain lives in the hamlet Nueva Libertad, in the district of Tabaconas, province of San Ignacio, Peru. Efrain is twenty-seven years old and has a two-year-old daughter. He...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Norandino
- RestaurantBurkina FasoRolaine Aimee Rosine is the leader of the Mougnou group. She is married and the mother of three children. The oldest is 11 years old and the youngest is three. Three childr...Read their story >Funding via Micro Start/AFD
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,621 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.