Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEgyptMina is 33, single, and lives with his aging mother for which he became financially responsible after his father died.
He has a small kitchen tools project and ...Read their story >
- RetailCongo (Dem. Rep.)Odette says that the loan she was granted was very useful as it helped her to expand her activity, to feed her children and to pay for their tuition and healthcare.
<...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaTom is a 61-year-old proud father of six children. He is a group leader, often described as a very hardworking individual, and is representing his group of 15 farmers in We...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJosé was only able to study until sixth grade, he is single and doesn´t have any children. He is a young entrepreneur of 22 years of age, who works and helps his parents.
Read their story >
- TaxiTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Zulfina. She is a very kind and responsible woman. She was born in 1989 into a working family. She is careful with her two sons Nekruz (born in 2...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,106 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.