Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FoodEcuadorFreddy is a happy, responsible, and hardworking young man. He lives in a common-law relationship in a room rented to them by his partner's parents so they don't have to pa...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaCicilia, a 31-year-old, repeat borrower and mother of three school-going children, wears a beautiful smile. When she began farming, Cicilia had a clear mindset of what she ...Read their story >
- AquacultureVietnamMrs Hằng is 48 years old and married with two children. Her family lives in a small village of Nong Cong district, a rural region of Thanh Hoa province.
She is ...Read their story >
- FarmingEl SalvadorManual is married, and his wife is a housewife. He has two little children who depend on him.
Manuel has a bakery, and he learned this business thanks to his par...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaEunice is 25 years old, married, and a motorcycle taxi operator, and also does livestock farming. She has operated this business for four years and earns on average income ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,001 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.