Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleTajikistanAkram is a very responsible and ambitious man from Mastchoh region, Tajikistan. He is a married man with a family. He deals in the fattening of cattle. He supplements the c...Read their story >
- FarmingHondurasMr. Odilon is thirty years old and lives in his native community of Lomas del Águila. He is a farmer and has made a living cultivating coffee since he was very young. Curre...Read their story >
- FarmingMoldovaVictor is a 27-year-old farmer from the village of Untesti in Ungheni, Moldova. He is married but doesn’t have any children yet. His wife, Sorina, works as an educator at t...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesKenyaSarah is a mother from rural Litein, Kenya, who wants a bright future for her children. She and her husband work their land and sell their crops in the local market.
<...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonDieudonné is a 38-year-old married man and the father of five children. Three of his children already attend school. He has specialized in growing cocoa for 14 years in a n...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,415 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.