Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailEcuadorNarcisa De Jesus and her family live in Portoviejo. The city was struck by an earthquake on April 16, 2016 and now by the COVID-19 pandemic. The city is an important produc...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesRosalinda is 73 years old and works hard to provide for her family. She runs a buy-and-sell rice business in the Philippines and requested a PHP 20,000 loan through NWTF to...Read their story >
- Liquor Store / Off-LicensePhilippinesEmelisa is a married woman with six children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Emelisa is 39 years old and all of her children are still in school.
Emeli...Read their story >
- FarmingTajikistanGulnoza was born in 1980 and lives in Zafarabad, Tajikistan. She is a beloved wife and a caring mother of six children. She is a woman with a kind, purposeful and polite c...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesFatima is a 51-year-old married woman with four children, two of whom are in school. She is a very hard-working entrepreneur.
She has a food-vending business in...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,635 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.