Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailPakistanSaloomi is 39 years old working woman. After her marriage, she felt that she should support her husband to improve their financial condition. So she started a business of ...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Higher education costsJordanHamzeh is a 23-year-old, single guy. He lives in Ajloun with his parents and his siblings. His father is retired with low retirement salary and his mother does not work. H...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- AgricultureKosovoFidan is 33 years old. He is married and has 4 children. His oldest just started school. He is a hardworking young man who works at a furniture production company as a furn...Read their story >Funding via KosInvest
- TaxiCambodiaKhul lives with his wife and one child in the Svay Rieng province.
He has requested for a loan of $450 to purchase a solar home system, as the area has not able...Read their story >Funding via KREDIT Microfinance Institution
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJosé went to school until ninth grade. He is married and his wife is a homemaker. José has two young, dependent children who are not in school yet.
José makes his l...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,563 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.