Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingTanzaniaEdson, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is now proud to represent his group of 12 farmers in Wanging ombe District. He is 59 years old, married,...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaDos is 56 years old and is a married woman with four children. She sells groceries and beverages.
Her husband works as a motor driver. She has been running this...Read their story >
- General StoreSamoaSiatiu is a 41-year-old mother with one child. She runs and operates a small convenience store in her village to earn a living.
Siatiu has requested a loan to b...Read their story >
- FishingPhilippinesRogelio earns a living through fishing. He owns a motor boat and sells fresh fish to the town market. He is married and has no dependent children. He has been engaged in fi...Read their story >
- RetailKenyaJuliah is 53 years old. She is married and blessed with one child below 18 years of age. She is still running a retail shop business and has been in the business for 27 yea...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,425 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.