Join Peter's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Fruits & VegetablesHondurasTelma is a young mother who is very hard-working and dedicated to commerce. Her business consists of selling grains such as corn, beans, and seasonal fruits. She has more t...Read their story >Funding via Prisma Honduras, S.A.
- General StoreKenyaJaneth is a single lady living in a village in Bomet county. She is a shopkeeper and supports her younger siblings with school fees.
Her business entails serving...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- BakerySamoaAlasa is a 47-year-old mother with 5 children. She runs and operates a small business of selling pancakes, buns, and pork cakes in her community to earn a living.
Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Clothing SalesKenyaBerine is a widow, aged 51 years. She is the mother of four children and she supports all their needs.
Berine owns a boutique which sells shoes and handbags. She...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorVeronica is married. She lives with her family made up of her husband and three children, ages 18, 15, and 12, who are still dependent. In view of wanting to help her husba...Read their story >Funding via PADECOMSM
Kiva lenders, like Peter, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,118 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.