Join Joseph's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Medical ClinicTajikistanThe woman in this photo is Olga. She is very kind and hard working woman. She was born in 1971 in a workers family. She is married and careful mother of her children.
Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Shahida, a married lady living in Mandi Bahauddin, Pakistan with her family.
She is a hardworking lady and has been working as a professional ladies wea...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaOctavio is 32 years old and lives in the municipality of San Pedro de Uraba. He has a beautiful little daughter who is the light of his eyes and everything he does he is th...Read their story >
- FarmingPeruMarco is a 37 year old man. He lives with his three children and his partner in the town of Cabanaconde, located in Arequipa.
He works in agriculture, and curre...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorSantos is the mother of a child who is 17 months old. She is the owner of a store of staple products. She opened this business 6 months ago and, with the income that it gen...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joseph, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,157 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.