Join Amelia's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEl SalvadorJuan, 59 years old, is partnered and his partner works at the household tasks.
Juan has worked in agriculture since he was a boy, and everything he knows he lear...Read their story >
- BlacksmithCambodiaChanthorn is 30 years old and is a single man and living with his mother. He is a blacksmith. For 10 years, he has been running this business, and more competitors is his m...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePhilippinesRosalia is 53 years old. She has been very happy for the loan she had before that helps little in her business to progress and she paid it successfully through the business...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaDaudi is 43 years old, married and blessed with six children.
He has had a transportation business for ten years, transporting goods and people in his community...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesRuth lives a simple life with her family in Mahaplag, Leyte, Philippines. She is 53 years old, married and has two dependents. She makes a living through her direct selling...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Amelia, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,338 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.