Join Stephen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- HardwareMozambiqueBachir is 31 years old and lives with his partner. He is the father of four children, of whom two are in primary school and the others are still too young for school. He is...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanAsma Rani is a 29 years old woman, living with her family in the area of Sialkot, Pakistan. She runs a women's tailoring business at her home. She has been making clothes ...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanMarhamat is a 54-year-old woman who lives in a village, she is married and has 3 dependent children. Since an early age, Marhamat has been working in the fattening of catt...Read their story >
- Metal ShopBoliviaOscar began to work from the time he was very little since his father died and left him and his brother. His mother was ill and was not able to support the two, and it was ...Read their story >
- CerealsUgandaEden lives in Hoima in the Western part of Uganda. He is involved in buying and selling maize, beans, and cassava. He has been operating this business for more than seven y...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,821 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.