Join Stephen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TailoringSamoaEpenesa is a 47-year-old woman who is married with three children. She runs a small tailoring business in her community. She has five years of experience with this business...Read their story >Funding via South Pacific Business Development (SPBD)
- Motorcycle TransportPhilippinesFrancisco is 32 years old. He has worked as a driver for the past years. His business involves motor for hire or public transport. He does this work to support his family. ...Read their story >Funding via Paglaum Multi-Purpose Cooperative (PMPC)
- General StorePhilippinesElsie is 68 years old and a widow with five children. She works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 17...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation, Inc. (NWTF)
- Primary/secondary school costsLebanonRaja is a 52-year-old married father of three children. He got employed in a company to cover the needs and expenses of his family. He is a hard worker who is trying hard f...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- FarmingKenyaFlorence lives in the Emkwen, Eldoret area of Kenya. She has lovely children. The living conditions in the Eldoret area are tough because there is neither clean water nor e...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,174 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.