Join Stephen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyIndiaShefali is a 23-year-old hailing from the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal. She has a household size of four members with a household monthly income of INR 9,000.
<...Read their story >
- Personal ExpensesPhilippinesLourdes lives in the area of Tagbilaran City. She is married and has three children, two of whom still attend school. To support her family, she engages in food vending and...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanThis is Shahzadi, who is 36 years old and lives in Gujranwala, Pakistan. She is married, the mother of seven children, and has for the last three years earned a living by m...Read their story >
- Personal Products SalesEl SalvadorHilda is a 58-year-old single mother. She sells catalog products such as perfumes, crémes, makeup, and other items. Hilda previously devoted her time to her household dut...Read their story >
- General StoreVietnamLành is 37 years old, married, and has two children. She has a retail business where she has been selling dry food and general merchandise for the past three years. Lành ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,622 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.