Join Stephen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreColombiaThanks to the help of her previous Kiva loan, María was able to buy groceries, provisions, meats, dairy products, and vegetables. In addition, she was able to repair the r...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesPakistanShama is a 31-year-old lady and has 4 children. She lives with her family in the area of Multan, Pakistan. She is a housewife. Her husband is the main provider for his fami...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJonah is 68 years old and has six children. He has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Jonah is the onl...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanSaibi is very grateful to Kiva lenders for the help. With the loan's help, she bought good quality fabric and has improved her income. This time, Saibi is again applying fo...Read their story >
- PoultryMyanmar (Burma)Third from the left in the picture is Hla (58 years old), who is the father of three children. Maung Sann, Maung, Sann, Than Myo, and Than are the other group members.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,665 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.