Join Stephen's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesTajikistanMukaddas is a resident of the city of Yavan. She is a kind woman who has been working sewing women's clothing for five years. This sewing business is her main source of inc...Read their story >Funding via Humo
- PigsEl SalvadorJosé is married but his wife emigrated from the country. He lives only with his 15-year-old son.
José earns a living in agriculture, he also breeds pigs and work...Read their story >Funding via CrediCampo
- General StoreNicaraguaVirginia del Carmen is fifty-one years old. Eight years ago she started her first business, a little shop. She has eight children, but only two are under her care. The othe...Read their story >Funding via MiCredito
- AgricultureColombiaAurora is a micro-businesswoman who lives with her children in a neighborhood of the capital of the country. She works cultivating cilantro, strawberries and managing milk...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- CerealsKenyaJane is a farmer and salesperson who has access to many sellers throughout the food business. On her farm, she keeps cows and has a small cash crop garden and trees.
...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Stephen, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,263 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.