Join Andrew's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesEcuadorThe city of Portoviejo was affected by the 16 April 2016 earthquake. The city is rich in the production of vegetables, legumes, and tropical fruit for domestic consumption....Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaThis is Zaina from Mbale town. Zaina operates a general store that sells an assortment of items such as plastics, kitchenware, shoes, sugar and juices, among other items, d...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesUgandaJames operates a retail shop in the city outskirts of Mbale town. He sells household merchandise because it is highly in demand. His shop is liked by people because it has ...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreFijiIlisapeci (aged 49) of Taulevu is seeking to provide a stable life for her three children by becoming a seller of frozen food. She is requesting a loan to begin her busines...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesEmilda is 40 years old, married with four children.
She works hard to provide for her family. She runs a rice retailing business in the Philippines a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Andrew, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,769 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.