Join Dolf Bekx's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesVirginia works hard to support a child. She is married and has a charcoal retailing business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 5,000 loan through NWTF to i...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPamela, pictured above, has been a farmer for 16 years and is now proud to represent her group of 11 farmers in Teso District. She is 51 years old and married with 4 childr...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesPhilippinesCarmilita is a hardworking micro-entrepreneur. She is married and has a food-vending business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 7,000 loan through NWTF to ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs Thao is 45 years old and married. Her family lives in Hau Loc, a region near the sea and often suffers from storms and flood. She has had a retail business selling dr...Read their story >
- General StoreNicaraguaEnriqueta is a young woman of 35 years of age. She is a person of high with good morals. She has two children, who are minors.
With the support of her husband, ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dolf Bekx, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,454 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.