Join Dolf Bekx's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- ClothingBurkina FasoMariam is 41 years old, married, and the mother of 3 children. She sells various items and has been in business for 10 years. she needs a loan to buy quality fabric to sell...Read their story >
- FoodIndonesiaGood day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Sari. She is forty years old and married with two sons and one daughter.
Sari has been a trader sellng food and va...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesUgandaAnnet is a previous client. She's in her 5th cycle borrowing with UGAFODE.
Annet is married with five kids who are all attending school. She deals in local brew ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEunice is 42 years old and has two children. She lives in Kapcherop, a town that was significantly stuck by the 2007–2008 Kenyan crisis when violence occurred in Kenya. Eun...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoJuan, 48, is married and has 3 children. He has worked on his own for 20 years. Juan's father needs cataract surgery in his right eye, as he is really struggling to see, ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Dolf Bekx, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,223 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.