Join Lucy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CafeJordanAfaf has 6 children, and her husband, Ibrahim, supports the family. He spent his life in the armed forces, and after retiring he decided to open a cafeteria to aid him with...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorGuadalupe is married and is currently living with her husband and her 11 year-old child, who is a dependent minor. She works selling clothing and cleaning products. She's...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaThe lady with her hand raised in the photo is Teresia. She is 49 years old, married, and blessed with six children. She is a member of the Githatie SHG group, which joine...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorMarcelino is 22 years old and was only able to receive a basic education. He is in a relationship and has a daughter. His companion takes care of the household duties and...Read their story >
- JewelryBrazilThe "Tudo de Bom" ("All Good") group has been a client of the Banco do Povo Crédito Solidário (BPCS, People's Bank -- Credit in Solidarity) for seven years. All of the memb...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lucy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,815 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.