Join Lucy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesKenyaSusy is a happily-married lady, aged 38 years. Her husband is a mechanic by profession who repairs vehicles and motorbikes. They are blessed with four children, and they su...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- FishingPhilippinesRowena is a married woman, 32 years old with four children, all of whom are still in school. She is a very hardworking entrepreneur.
Rowena has a fishing busines...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- FarmingKenyaViolet, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group formed by 13 farmers in Chwele District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 2010 ...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- Food StallPakistanMunwar is 42 years old. She lives with her spouse and five children in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Her husband sells dishes such as pakoras, samosas, fried chicken with ...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
- Food MarketSierra LeoneJatu is a forty-two years old mother of two children ages fifteen and twelve. Jatu owns a food business. She would like to use this loan to pay for additional gallon of veg...Read their story >Funding via Association for Rural Development (ARD)
Kiva lenders, like Lucy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,827 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.