Join Lucy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PigsPhilippinesLolita is 45 years old and married with four children.
She earns a living by raising pigs in the Philippines. Lolita is borrowing PHP 14,000 through NWTF to buy ...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- General StoreKenyaAnn is a happily married lady and a mother of two children. She lives in Kericho with her family, and she is a shopkeeper.
Ann has been running her retail shop f...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
- Clothing SalesEcuadorGisela is single. She lives in Guaranda, She has one child. The lady earns a living selling clothing in a small location. She is requesting the money for the purchase of pa...Read their story >Funding via Cooperativa San Jose
- Animal SalesPakistanDay-by-day increasing expenditures compelled Seeman to initiate her own business selling animals along with their milk. She is a 62-year-old married woman doing business wi...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Personal PurchasesPalestineMohammed is a 37-year-old married man from Die Al-Balah. He works in the public sector and his income is very limited and unstable. He took a USD loan from FATEN to buy a s...Read their story >Funding via Palestine for Credit & Development (FATEN)
Kiva lenders, like Lucy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,512 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.