Join Lucy's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanGulzada is 30 years old, married, and has two children. She has a secondary education. She is knowledgeable about running a farming business, and is able to invest funds as...Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanIslomudin is a man in the prime of his life. He is 49 years old. Islomudin works as a cattle breeder and this is currently the main source of income for his family. He live...Read their story >
- SewingTajikistanMadyna is 26 years old, and she lives in the city of Khujand. She works from her home with sewing traditional women's dresses on order. It is convenient for her to sew at h...Read their story >
- Barber ShopColombiaJaime lives in the municipality of Soledad. He is an entrepreneurial young man, 21 years old, who has a hairdressing and barber shop business, an art he learned on his own....Read their story >
- Auto RepairNicaragua58 year old Lino is a hardworking man who has had his tire repair shop for 18 years. It has made it possible for him to help his family get ahead and shown his 2 children w...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lucy, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,716 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.