Join Trevor's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CerealsKenyaBrenda is 31 years old and she is married with two children. She has had a cereals business for six years now selling millet, sorghum and green grams, earning KES. 6,000 a ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesAnna Leah is a hardworking entrepreneur with 2 children. She runs a general store in the Philippines.
Ann Leah requested a 13,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy i...Read their story >
- Fish SellingEcuadorRosa Gertrudis is a hardworking woman who seeks the way to earn her resources and, with them, to get ahead. She and her child have a business selling fish. Her child goes o...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesJane works hard to support her family. She is married and has a general store business in the Philippines.
She requested a PHP 30,000 loan through NWTF to buy i...Read their story >
- Fish SellingPhilippinesJimmy is 41 years old, married and has three children, two of whom are in school. To earn an income, she sells dried fish in the Philippines.
Jimmy requested a ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Trevor, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,694 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.