Join Kat's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaEmily is 62 years old and has 8 children. She has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Emily is the only...Read their story >
- RetailJordanInaam is a Jordanian woman in her mid-40s and a mother of five children. Her husband is an accountant.
She cares the most for her children's education and gives...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJames is 53 years old and is often referred to as a really hardworking individual. As a group leader, he is representing his group in Butere District, formed by 10 farmers,...Read their story >
- Food MarketTimor-LesteEufragia is 27 years old and married with 1 child. She has a kiosk that she started in 2018, where many people come to buy goods every day. Running her business has made Eu...Read their story >
- ServicesPhilippinesLydia is a married woman with seven children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur. Lydia is 65 years old.
Lydia has a window glass installer business in the ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kat, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 8,674 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.