Join Sage's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingUgandaDan is an intensive farmer growing mostly vegetables. He was in an accident earlier this year that saw him hospitalized and also had him spending a lot of money meant for ...Read their story >
- AgricultureUgandaNeolis is a 31-year-old married man with one child. For eight years, he has been an electrician. Neolis has managed to save up some money to venture into banana farming and...Read their story >
- CerealsPhilippinesChristine is 42 years old and married with two children. Christine works very hard to provide for them. She runs a buy and sell rice in the Philippines and requested a PHP...Read their story >
- BeveragesAlbaniaJoana is a very energetic and visionary young lady. Some time ago she had Kiva lenders support to help her father produce more "raki", a traditional beverage, which her fat...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesTajikistanNilufar is very grateful for the support and help she has received. She used the loan purposefully and she is very pleased with it.
Nilufar also has a sales out...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sage, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,049 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.