Join Sage's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaKenedy, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 18 farmers in Alego District. He is 54, married, and has 4 chil...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesJocel is 34 years old and has two children.
Jocel is in the pig fattening business in the Philippines. Jocel requested a 25,000 PHP loan through NWTF to buy pigl...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreRwandaXavere is 42 years old, married, and has five children between the ages of 12 and 22. Her husband is a construction worker. For the past five years, she has owned a retai...Read their story >
- Cosmetics SalesEcuadorNimis Clarise is 78 years old, married, and her children are now grown. Her husband is a farmer. They live in Jipijapa Canton, which is still much affected by the Covid-19 ...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesCatherine is 34 years old and married with three children. With two children still in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
Catherine runs a general ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sage, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,462 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.