Join Sage's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- DairyKyrgyzstanKanybek successfully repaid his loan, and he is very grateful to Kiva and everyone who supported his financing. Kanybek’s farm currently has 4 cows, 35 sheep, 3 horses, and...Read their story >
- FarmingTanzaniaMedson, pictured above, has been a farmer for more than 20 years and is now proud to represent his group of 4 farmers in Wanging'ombe District. He is 67 years old, married ...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaThis is Betha's second borrowing to finance her business. She is grateful to the VisionFund Kenya loans for helping her to improve her business.
Betha has applie...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineHazem is a 47-year-old single man from Tulkarem city. He lives with his parents in a small house. As an employee in the public sector, he earns a low income. This income ba...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaKassim is 61 years old and has one child. She has been a farmer for nine years and is always said to be a very hardworking individual. Even though Kassim is the only one fe...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Sage, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,905 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.