Join The Art of WHY | Frankie Russo's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Emily, who, as a group leader, representing her group formed by 10 farmers in Teso District, Kenya. She is a mother to 6 children and is known by her comm...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Eunice, who, as a group leader, is representing her group formed by 9 farmers in Matete District, Kenya. She is a mother to 10 children and is known by he...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaStephene is a 80-year-old maize farmer in Nabiswa, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has two cows on his land. Stephene historically struggles to ac...Read their story >
- DairyKenyaMary is 52 years old, married and blessed with two school-going children. She has had a dairy farming business for five years, earning a monthly income of KES 30,000.
...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaEmpowering a woman is a very important tool to foster development this International Women’s Day season. Lucy is a 24-year-old mother of two children. She lives in Kerugoya...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like The Art of WHY | Frankie Russo, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,961 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.