Join Joseph's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- AgricultureCameroonAnatole is a 47-year-old single man and father of three children whose ages range from 10 to 28 years old; one of them still attends school. He is a farmer and owns a large...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonJean is 40 years old, married and has eight children.
He has a 6-year-old cocoa plantation, in an area village. He is asking for a loan to buy plant protection ...Read their story >
- General StoreCambodiaKhom, aged 52, is a married woman who is blessed with two dependent children. One of her children is in school while the remaining one is under school age. She lives in Koh...Read their story >
- AgricultureCameroonCasmir is a 48-year-old married man and the father of nine children. He has a 15-year-old cacao tree in a village nearby that he inherited from his parents.
He i...Read their story >
- LivestockTajikistanSahobiddin is 59, married and the father and grandfather of several children. His wife is a housekeeper, and Sahobiddin has been making a living for the last eight years as...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joseph, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,429 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.