Join Joseph's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCambodiaAged 50 years, Sreang is married and lives with her family in a rural area located in the Chol Kiri district of Kampong Chnang province. She is a mother of three children. ...Read their story >
- VehicleCambodiaA widowed woman living in Kampot province, Doeun is 43 years old. She is a mother blessed with four children, one of whom is still in school and one who is too young for sc...Read their story >
- BeveragesCambodiaSokvy is 36 years old and is a married woman with one daughter. She sells beverages and ice. Her husband works as an air conditioner repairer. Sokvy has been running this b...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesBoliviaThe Vino Dulce (Sweet Wine) community group will begin their second cycle with Pro Mujer as part of the 3 de Mayo regional hub. The group is made up of ten members and is d...Read their story >
- AgricultureHondurasArístides is 38 years old. He is the father of three children who live with him and his wife in the village of La Guadalupe in the municipality of Patuca Olancho.
Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Joseph, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,535 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.