Join Pascal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleNicaraguaAntonia is married and has a 6-year-old son. She attended school through the fifth year of secondary school. She is a primary school teacher in the community, and she is al...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreIndonesiaGood day, lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Dewi. She is 27 years old and married with one son.
Dewi runs a grocery shop business, where she sells snacks and...Read their story >
- PoultryCosta RicaJoser Arturo wants to get a loan again. He is 24 years old, in a common-law marriage, and lives with his spouse who is his greatest priority.
He wants the loan ...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopColombiaJaisis Antonio, 47, is a micro-entrepreneur who lives in the city of Barranquilla.
He has a business selling pork and beef, with about two years of experience. ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMost of the Kenyan population directly depends on small-scale farming for their livelihood in the rural areas. Meet Elizabeth, who has defied the common thinking of most Ke...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pascal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,225 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.