Join Pascal's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría is requesting a new loan due to the benefits that she gets when she invests in her business, and also because the institution gives her a good service. The working ca...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanBubukan is 53 years old and married with grown-up children. She has a secondary-level education. She has a good understanding of agricultural technology and she knows how t...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorEdwin went to school through the sixth grade. He is in a relationship, and his life partner devotes herself to the household chores. He has a child who goes to school.
Read their story >
- AgricultureKenyaPrisca is 40 years old and is single with four children. For 10 years, she has been a tea farmer who also has dairy cows. Prisca earns a montly income of 30,000 KES.
...Read their story >
- Food StallTimor-LesteAsnat is a simple and a diligent 40-year-old woman who has a strong desire to get one step ahead. She has a food stall business where she serves full meals like fried chick...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Pascal, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,963 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.