Join your friend's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesRubina is 44 years old and married with four children. Rubina works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PH...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesMexicoMaría Cristina is 51 years old, from the state of Chihuahua, is married, and works in the home.
She needs surgery and, as she only has her spouse's income, she ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesTajikistanShavkat is a responsible and hardworking man from Gafurov, Tajikistan. He is 39 years old, married and has three children. He works in a state organization as a policeman. ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is John, who, as a group leader, is representing his group formed by 14 farmers in Kakamega B (North) District, Kenya. He is a father to 6 children and is kn...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaJane is 54 years old and has 4 children. She is the group leader and is representing her group formed by 16 farmers in Teso District, Kenya.
Jane has been farmi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,327 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.