Join Darrell's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanZamirbek, 41, lives together with his wife and daughter in the Aksy region. The mountainous area with spacious pastures is ideal for raising livestock. He has been farming ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPius is a 79-year-old maize farmer in Muruka, Kenya. In addition to farming his core crop, he currently has 25 chickens, six goats and eight cows on his land.
P...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesGuatemalaMaría, age 49, is a single mother of 5 children between ages 14 and 30. She and her family live in the village of Guineales.
She is succeeding in her business w...Read their story >
- Higher education costsGeorgiaKeti lives in the village of Khashmi, with her family members. She studies at the law faculty and hopes that she will be able to find employment after receiving her bachel...Read their story >
- FarmingColombiaLuis Evelio is a young coffee producer from San José de Isnos, Huila, a rural community that specializes in cultivating diverse coffee breeds for local consumption and expo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Darrell, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,851 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.