Join Beth Ann's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNicaraguaNelvia is a great farmer who, with her family's invaluable help, has focused solely on growing cassava. Every day, from 5 a.m., she heads to her plot to care for her crops....Read their story >
- CattleTajikistanUlbosh is 49 years old. She lives in Pyandj district.
Ulbosh has decided to run a business of buying and selling livestock. What she likes in this business is t...Read their story >
- LivestockMoldovaDenis is a 30-year-old man from the village of Varatic, Riscani region of Moldova. Denis has a small business in the same village. He raises goats and cows. This allows him...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanMunara is 42 years old, married, and is raising 2 children. She has a secondary education and works as a nurse. She is kind and responsive by nature.
She has wo...Read their story >
- General StoreIndonesiaAmisah (Mekarbaru)
Good day lenders! Meet one of KBMI’s clients, Amisah. She is 37 years old and married with one son and one daughter. She has been a trader, wh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Beth Ann, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,684 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.