Join Ryan's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Animal SalesKenyaSila is 43 years old and he is married with three children. He has had an animal sales business for 10 years.
He will be using the loan to purchase calves and b...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Thúy is 43 years old, married, and has 2 children. She has worked in agriculture raising poultry for more than 10 years.
Thúy lives in Thieu Hoa district...Read their story >
- RetailPalestineMuhammad, who appears in the photo, is a 22-year-old from Khan Younis, Gaza Strip. He is a single young man who lives with his family. He tries so hard to help them with li...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesIndiaBhagyabati is a 36-year-old married woman residing in a small village in the Rayagada district, Odisha. She is engaged in a vegetable business. She sells potatoes, tomatoes...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesMyanmar (Burma)Aye Ywar Thit (Kyon) (E) village group is located in Dedaye Township, in the Ayeyarwady Dee lta area of Myanmar.
Pictured above are Cho, Mya, Hla, Khin, and Say....Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Ryan, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,279 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.