Join Antti's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Primary/secondary school costsTajikistanAbdusattor is a 49-year-old resident of the city of Dangara. He is married and lives with his 5 children. Abdusattor works as a handyman and as a shoemaker. Additionally, ...Read their story >
- CateringBoliviaThis loan will benefit small microentrepreneurs where Maria Clara is an associate of community banking. She has her boarding house selling food where she is happy attending...Read their story >
- Food StallVietnamMrs Lưu is 42 years old and married. Her family lives in Bim Son Town, a small region of Thanh Hoa Province.
Her husband is a worker in a local factory. She has...Read their story >
- AgriculturePeruEli is 37 years old, has a 10-year-old son, and lives with his wife. His family is small but big at heart.
For 10 years, Eli has been farming with his wife, harv...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaInusa is married and lives in a modest mud house in a small village in Kaduna, Nigeria, with his wife, children and mother. Farming is the primary occupation within his gro...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Antti, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,144 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.