Join Richy Li's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaGracious is a repeat client to the institution. He is married with four children, three of whom are attending school.
He operates a retail shop at a local tradin...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesLeonardo signed up for his membership with PMPC and obtained the necessary capital to start up a sari-sari store (small grocery) business.
He is thankful for th...Read their story >
- Barber ShopJordanWassfia is 42 years old and has 5 children. They live in a small village and her husband wants to be a barber. Since he is a loving husband and brings joy to his wife; Wass...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaSani, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and has four children. He lives in a modest mud house with his family in Kadage village. Sani is a meticulous farmer who has in...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Jacklyne, often described as an extremely hardworking individual. She is 28 years old and, as a group leader, she is representing her group of 9 farmers i...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Richy Li, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,867 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.