Join Richy Li's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Housing ExpensesMozambiqueAbudo was born in Namaacha, Maputo province. He is 30 years old, officially married and a father of one young son. He is responsible for his brother and nephew, who live wi...Read their story >
- Charcoal SalesCongo (Dem. Rep.)Placide sells charcoal and he initially started this activity with capital earned from farming. His business is lucrative but the transportation aspect is problematic. Stil...Read their story >
- AgricultureEl SalvadorJoel never had the opportunity to attend an education center because, in his time, his parents preferred that he would work. He is married and his wife takes care of the ho...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopBoliviaThe Communal Bank “Restauración” (Restoration) is starting its 33rd loan cycle with Pro Mujer as part of the Panamericana Community Center. This group consists of 10 membe...Read their story >
- General StoreZimbabweDorothy is an elderly lady, still in the prime days of her life. She operates a grocery shop. She is strong for her age and is highly motivated. She has been an inspiration...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Richy Li, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,739 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.