Join Richy Li's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingSamoaTuitui is a woman, 41 years old, with 4 children. She owns and operates a small business of selling cabbage, cucumbers, and eggplants, in her village to earn a living. She ...Read their story >
- ComputersArmeniaGet to know Kolya, a promising programmer from Yerevan. He lives alone and earns his daily living by providing web development and web design services. Since childhood, he ...Read their story >
- FarmingUgandaEllen is requesting a loan to buy more cocoa beans for selling. She wishes to expand and develop her business into a cocoa store. She lives in Bundibugyo, Uganda and she w...Read their story >
- General StoreUgandaJoseph, 43, is married with four children who attend school. He runs a retail shop and also does farming as a supplement to his earnings.
Joseph is worried about...Read their story >
- CattleKyrgyzstanZharkynai is 34 years old and married with three children. She has a secondary-level education. She has a good understanding of agricultural technology and she knows how to...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Richy Li, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,971 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.