Join Doug's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- CattleEcuadorWilmer is a cheerful, responsible and hard-working young man. Thanks to the help he received from the organization he managed to increase the number of his animals. They ar...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Jane, often described as an extremely resourceful person. She is 54 years old and has 6 children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 12 f...Read their story >
- ClothingBurkina FasoMr. Wendwaoga Martin is single and has two children. His eldest is 3 years old and the youngest is 2 months old. He also takes care of two other people.
He has ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesJordanHanadi is a 42-year-old Jordanian woman who is married and a mother of 3 kids. Her husband is an employee. Due to the hard economic conditions, Hanadi decided to support he...Read their story >
- Grocery StoreCambodiaNath is 58 years old, married. She sells groceries and crisp as shown in the picture. Her husband is a farmer. She has been running this business for 7 years.
<...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Doug, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,651 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.