Join Doug's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- SewingTajikistanSokyna is living in the Dangara district. She is 41 years old. Sokyna is a calm, communicative, and responsible woman. She is married. Sokyna wants to start a new business....Read their story >
- PropertyUgandaMeet Kenneth, a resident of Bukasa, who has rental units as his source of income. He is seeking a loan to renovate them since most of his customers have vacated them. He is...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesPhilippinesEmilia is married with three children and a very hardworking entrepreneur. She's 58 years old and has no children in school.
She has a food vending business in t...Read their story >
- Food StallCambodiaRuon is 44 years old and is a married woman with three children. She sells food. Her husband is a worker. She has been running this business for 2.5 years. Competitors are ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaLilian is a 33-year-old mother of five school-going children living in Kapsowar, a town surrounded by prime agricultural lands which favor large-scale grain farming, dairy,...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Doug, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 7,247 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.