Join Doug's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Clothing SalesUgandaSauba is 19 years old and lives in the town of Iganga in the Iganga region of Uganda. She's married and has two children. For the past three years, she's been working hard ...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Paul, often described as an extremely friendly person. He is 58 years old and has 8 children. As a group leader, he is representing his group of 12 farmer...Read their story >
- Fruits & VegetablesColombiaJose is 40 years old and lives in the municipality of Ibague. He’s a happy man, who has a son that means a lot to him, and he’s been a very responsible father, he has worke...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesNicaraguaRosa is a 48-year-old woman who is straightforward, optimistic, happy, friendly, and hardworking. For two years she has had a business selling clothes for girls, such as p...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaPictured above is Janet, often described as an extremely friendly person. She is 57 years old and has seven children. As a group leader, she is representing her group of 19...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Doug, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,894 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.