Join Clemens's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaBenson is a rural smallholder farmer in the Kapsowar area of Kenya. He is married and has lovely children. Benson does mixed farming for food and income. He enjoys farming ...Read their story >
- Personal Medical ExpensesArmeniaArevik is 40 years old, and she lives with her husband and school-aged daughter in Kapan city of Syunik region. Arevik has a vocational education with a specialty in nursin...Read their story >
- TaxiEcuadorMiguel is 33 years old, divorced, and lives with his mother and three children, Anderson, age 10, Miguel, age 7, and Leslie, age 1. To support his children, who are going t...Read their story >
- FarmingCameroonMardoche is a 40 year old, married man. He is the father of twelve children aged between 17 and 12 years old who go to school. After his primary studies (CAP) he dedicated ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesSamoaTumuai is a 32 year old unmarried woman with 2 children. She makes and sells pancakes in her community to earn a living. She has 3 years of experience with this business. S...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,152 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.