Join Clemens's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal ExpensesMyanmar (Burma)Hpu Lon - 1 (A) Village Group is located in Pakokku, a town in the Magway division of Myanmar. People in the town make their living through trading agricultural products, o...Read their story >
- TailoringPakistanTahira Rani is a professional tailor. She learned the art of stitching at a very young age from her mother.
Nowadays, she is the trusted tailor of hundreds of r...Read their story >
- CafeSamoaMatagalu is a 53-year-old single woman with four children. She runs a small canteen in her community to earn a living. She has two years of experience in this business.
Read their story >
- FarmingColombiaAmador is 70 years old and has worked most of his life in the fields. His work generates the income to support his family and pay for his children's education.
W...Read their story >
- Motorcycle TransportKenyaEdward is a 33-year-old, hardworking man who does motorbike transport for a living. He enjoys riding and more so, carrying his passengers from one point to another. He has ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Clemens, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,232 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.