Join chm's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaFestus, pictured above, has been a farmer for 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 10 farmers in Kimilili District. He is 60 years old, is married and has 9...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- TailoringPakistanTalat is a women entrepreneur struggling to bring prosperity to her family along with her husband. She is 31 years old and lives in a small house with seven family members....Read their story >Funding via JWS Pakistan
- FarmingKenyaProtas , pictured above, has been a farmer for 20 years, and is now proud to represent his group of 16 farmers in Teso District. He is 46 years old, is married and has 8 c...Read their story >Funding via One Acre Fund
- FarmingKyrgyzstanMirlan is 44 years old, married, and has four sons and daughters. Around 15 years ago Mirlan started engaging in farming from the purchase of one bull. Today the farm has t...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- Soft DrinksKenyaRachel is a happily married lady. Her husband is a mechanical engineer and they are blessed with three children. She runs a shop for a living and she likes interacting with...Read their story >Funding via Kenya ECLOF
Kiva lenders, like chm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,173 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.