Join chm's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingKenyaEuniter is 34 years old. She is married and blessed with two children aged 12 and 10 years.
She has had a used clothing business for four years.
She...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorMaría lives with her two children, ages 11 and 9. Both are dependent on her. She says that she has relatives who live overseas.
As an alternative to get the inc...Read their story >
- EmbroideryPakistanAamna is a 45-year-old woman, living with her spouse in the area of Muzaffargarh, Pakistan. Aamna has six children. Her husband is responsible for fulfilling the needs of t...Read their story >
- PoultryEl SalvadorAna is 30 years old. She is a very responsible and hardworking person. She lives with her life companion, who is a farmer and they have two children.
Ana recentl...Read their story >
- BricksParaguayMr. Sixto raises his 5 children and he is a person who sacrifices a lot. He fights for his family in order to give them a dignified life without deprivations.
H...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like chm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,179 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.