Join chm's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- PhotographyKenyaDaniel is a married man. He has three children. He describes himself to be focused. He operates a photography business where he offers photography services. His business is...Read their story >
- Home EnergyPalestineYousif, who appears in the photo, is 41-years-old and is from Jabalia, Gaza Strip. He is a married man and lives with his wife and four adorable kids in a small house. He i...Read their story >
- Cloth & Dressmaking SuppliesSenegalThe group called Djiguène Bakhna 59 is a sub-group of the GFAP network. It is composed of five members living together who meet at the end of each month to organize tontine...Read their story >
- Food StallColombiaJairo is described by his customers as a friendly and charismatic young man. He's 24 years old and earns a living through his own business, selling food.
The loa...Read their story >
- LivestockBurkina FasoMr. RAROUNA is the official of the group called WENDBENEDO DE BOULALA. He is married and the father of thirteen children. The oldest is 27, and the youngest is 14 months ol...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like chm, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,701 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.