Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailSenegalCreated in May 2009, the "banc villageois" has sheltered this group of 37 women since it was established. They live in the same neighbourhood and small trade is their princ...Read their story >
- AgriculturePeruReyna, who is 23 years old, is a single mother with a 5-year-old son. She gave birth to him quite young but, nonetheless, she managed to get ahead. It has been 6 years sinc...Read their story >
- CattleEl SalvadorAna is applying for another loan as she believes it necessary to capitalise on her farming work. This loan will be used to buy farming supplies, such as manure and fertilis...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPhilippinesLuzvinda is a 39-year-old married woman with three children, two of whom are still attending school. She manages a stall where she sells a variety of clothing for men and w...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaBetty, a 30-year-old mom of four, has always stayed with her family, both in times of great fortune and in times of failure. She is an ever-smiling woman who wakes up very ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,713 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.