Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesGloria is 54 years old and married with three children. With two children in school, she works very hard to provide for them.
She runs a general store in the Phi...Read their story >
- General StorePhilippinesOlivia Grace is 40 years old and married with five children.
Olivia Grace runs a general store in the Philippines and requested a PHP 15,000 loan through NWTF to...Read their story >
- RetailPhilippinesAs a married parent, Nuria works hard to support her family.
She has a lumber retailing business in the Philippines, and also earns additional income from genera...Read their story >
- Butcher ShopParaguayThis group is called Las Flores. It was formed in the city of Santaní and is in its first loan cycle. They say that they joined together to be able to work together and, th...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamHoa is 46 years old and has three children. Her family lives in the Hau Loc district, a coastal region of Thanh Hoa province.
Her husband is a fisherman and ofte...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 11,072 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.