Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingNigeriaOriginating from Gidan Kura village, Muazu is a Babban Gona maize farmer. Despite working several hours on the farm, he was only able to eat two meals a day. However, this ...Read their story >
- AgricultureIndonesiaSubagio is the leader of Petani Sukses Group, a group of seven corn farmers who are passionate about helping each other and building up their community. Subagio wants to le...Read their story >
- LivestockEl SalvadorJosé is married and lives with his beautiful family that includes his wife and their two children who are now independent. They give him a little bit of economic support. <...Read their story >
- FarmingPeruLuis is a hard-working man, 57 years old, who lives with his 3 children and partner in the locality of Bella Unión, which is located in Arequipa. He works in agriculture an...Read their story >
- FarmingEcuadorAna is 26 years old. She is married and lives with her six year old daughter Sofía who attends school. Her husband works.
Due to the low income her husband mak...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,507 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.