Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Personal Products SalesPhilippinesMorita is a hardworking entrepreneur who has a direct selling personal products business in the Philippines.
She is borrowing PHP 29,000 through NWTF to purchas...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- Cosmetics SalesGuatemalaLilian is a 39 year old woman. She and her husband are happily married, they have two children aged 10 and 14 and live in a small community in Sipacate, Guatemala.
<...Read their story >Funding via ADICLA
- LivestockMaliDramane is seen smiling in the photo, holding the bull's rope. He is married and is thirty-nine years old. Dramane has seven children of whom three are at primary school. ...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Higher education costsJordanSadam is applying for this loan to pay his university tuition fees. He is a law student in his junior year. His elder brother is studying engineering in his 5th year. His d...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
- Personal Housing ExpensesVietnamMrs. Cam is a hardworking woman, who is 60 years old. There are five people in her family; four of them have a job. To improve her family’s health and sanitary conditions s...Read their story >Funding via Quang Binh Women Development Fund
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,939 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.