Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingKenyaMeet Edwin, a positive man and a hard-working smallholder farmer from the Kericho region. Edwin has three children and lives with his wife and parents. As the key breadwinn...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMildred, pictured above, is a group leader and is representing her group, formed by 7 farmers in Kimilili District, Kenya. She joined One Acre Fund for the first time in 20...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesPakistanKishwer age is 42; she is married, living with her spouse and three children in the area of Lahore, Pakistan. Her husband works at a Honda shop as a mechanic, with low wage...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesEl SalvadorFátima lives in her own house with her husband and 2-year old son. Her husband works in the business owned by Fátima's mother who is a merchant. Her father also provides fi...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesNicaraguaThis 33-year-old, hard-working man belongs to the Miskita ethnicity in the municipality of Waspam. He is married and has a six-month-old son.
In order to give h...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,934 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.