Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- General StorePhilippinesTeresita is 63 years old and married with four children. She works very hard to provide for them.
Teresita runs a general store in the Philippines and requested ...Read their story >
- PigsPhilippinesLetecia is 61 years old and has four children. She is married and has two children who are currently in school.
Letecia is in the agricultural pig fattening busi...Read their story >
- ServicesParaguayJulia is from the city of Asunción. She is a retired teacher, and also has apartments that she rents.
She is a very hard-working person who struggles to continu...Read their story >
- Used ClothingSenegalThe group to which these ten members belong was set up in August 2021. It is composed of women who get along well. They collaborate and work in small-scale commerce
Read their story >
- Clothing SalesColombiaLiceth Margarita is an enterprising woman who is 39 years old and a resident of the city of Cartagena de Indias. She has a business of selling clothes. Liceth started thi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,726 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.