Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Grocery StoreEl SalvadorMaría is married and has four children, two dependent children and two independent ones who help economically. Maria's husband works in public transportation. Apart from ...Read their story >
- General StoreEl SalvadorRaquel studied up to the end of high school. She is married and has a son. Her husband works making metal structures.
Raquel earns a living selling catalogue pr...Read their story >
- FarmingKenyaMary, 42 years of age, is a hardworking, honest, and dedicated farmer. She is based in Chuka. It is a remote town, with harsh living conditions because of the bad terrain i...Read their story >
- TransportationParaguaySr. Valerio is from the city of Itá. He provides cargo transport services and owns a semi-trailer truck for making cross-country trips. Valerio’s goal is to open his own ...Read their story >
- Personal Housing ExpensesUgandaAsasio deals in a butchery business, which is doing well.
He is grateful for the previous loan you offered him, which was for constructing a house. It pushed hi...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,722 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.