Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Used ClothingCongo (Dem. Rep.)Marguerite is a merchant and a vendor of secondhand clothing in the commercial center. The advisor of the group “Maman Leve-toi” and a client of the microfinance institutio...Read their story >Funding via Hekima, a partner of World Relief
- Grocery StoreKenyaBeatrice is a married woman with two children. She describes herself as honest. She operates a retail business where she sells soda, drinking water, bread, bananas and othe...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Motorcycle RepairLebanonKassem is a 26-year-old, single man who left school at an early age to support his family with daily expenses. He has been working with his brother in repairing and selling...Read their story >Funding via Al Majmoua Lebanese Association for Development
- Animal SalesMaliAntanase is the man holding the sheep by the horn in the photo. He is 28 years old and the married father of four children, aged 1 to 9, of whom two are in school.
Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- Personal Products SalesPakistanArif is hardworking man residing in a small area of Rawalpindi, Pakistan. Arif is married and a father of four children. He is aged 46. He is living a well-established life...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,270 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.