Join Rob's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Food Production/SalesNicaraguaAna Cristina is an industrious 39-year-old woman who has a life partner and a 19-year-old son.
She has been selling tortillas for 20 years with her sister who he...Read their story >Funding via ADIM (Asociación Alternativa Para el Desarrollo Integral de las Mujeres)
- Higher education costsParaguayJuan continues to study commercial engineering. He is someone who goes to a lot of effort to be able to improve his living conditions and those of his loved ones. He says t...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Paraguaya
- Barber ShopEl SalvadorOscar, age 53, has been providing hairdressing services for four years. With this he manages to cover the household expenses. He lives in his own house with his life part...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
- Grocery StoreTajikistanThis is Asliya. She is 46 years old. She is a hard-working woman with a great desire to get ahead. Her husband is a businessman. They have 3 children they love very much. T...Read their story >Funding via CSC MDO "IMON International"
- Higher education costsJordanAbdallateef is 22 years old and is studying for a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering. He lives in Ajloun, and he is working really hard to get ahead and to grow. Abd...Read their story >Funding via National Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Rob, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,971 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.