Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesKenyaDouglas is a married man who has five children. He describes himself as being ambitious. Douglas operates a retail business where he sells charcoal. He has been involved...Read their story >
- General StoreSamoaImoa is a 51 year old married mother of 4. She owns and operates a shop in her village to support her family with their everyday needs and she has been doing this for more ...Read their story >
- AgricultureColombiaMiguel lives in El Peñol. Since he was young he has known the activities and work in the countryside, thanks to the teachings of his parents. Because of this he currently h...Read their story >
- TaxiUgandaMoses is requesting credit to repair his motor vehicle. He is aged fifty-four years and is married with five children. They all live in Masindi-Uganda.
He is ...Read their story >
- Soft DrinksRwandaMarguerite is a 50-year-old married mother of five children. She is the leader of the Dusasirane - Buyanja Group. In the photo, she is the woman who is showing a passbook, ...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 3,560 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.