Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- LivestockKyrgyzstanZairakan, 60, is a widow and has 2 children and 4 grandchildren. She has a vocational school degree. Since 1999 she has been earning a living from livestock breeding and fi...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
- Milk SalesPakistanShameem was living a tough life some years ago; it was very difficult to bear her household expenditures. She is a 52-year-old married woman who has been running a milk sal...Read their story >Funding via Kashf Foundation
- Personal Products SalesColombiaRuth is 60 years old and lives in the municipality of Medellin. She’s happily married and she has two children, a son and a daughter.
Since 2004, she’s been wor...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingNigeriaIsah, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Avewacin Lema village. Isah is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- CattlePakistanIrshad is a 39-year-old woman who lives in the area of Multan, Pakistan. Irshad has one daughter and two sons.
Irshad has been raising cows as a source of incom...Read their story >Funding via BRAC Pakistan
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,665 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.