Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Construction SuppliesBoliviaAlex lives in a rental home with his mother. His mother helps him with basic expenses, and Alex works as a salaried chauffeur. Alex worked very hard and was able to buy his...Read their story >
- FarmingPhilippinesNestor is married with four children. He is 61 years old and lives at Oroquieta City.
To earn a living, Nestor is a farmer and does laundry. He has had this bus...Read their story >
- Farm SuppliesEl SalvadorJose went to school up to the sixth grade. He is currently single and has three children, who go to school. Jose’s mother takes care of the children when he has to go to wo...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesJordanIntisar sells cleaning detergents. It is a small business, but it is a start towards opening her own store for the sale of detergents.
She is also helping her f...Read their story >
- Clothing SalesTajikistanSuhaily is a polite, honest and patient person. He is 19 years old and is not married. Suhaily has a secondary school education. He has his own business. He sells men's clo...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,153 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.