Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Cosmetics SalesKenyaRose is a Kiva borrower. She operates a salon and also sells cosmetic products where she offers beauty services. She has been involved in this business for 4 years. Her bus...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- RestaurantPhilippinesFelomina is 66 years old, a married woman with five children. She is a very hard working entrepreneur.
She has a restaurant business in the Philippines. Felomin...Read their story >Funding via Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF)
- TailoringTanzaniaDebora is in her early 40s and is married with four children. She is a tailor and she's been running this business for six years to support her family. She sews and sells h...Read their story >Funding via Tujijenge Tanzania
- Grocery StoreBoliviaJulia is 49 years old and divorced. She owns the house where she lives with her four kids. Julia has a grocery store and she works long hours. Most of the time she spends t...Read their story >Funding via IMPRO
- LivestockKyrgyzstanMederbek, 25, is married and has two children. He has a secondary education. He is hardworking, cheerful, responsible and likes saving money. He has been engaged in agricul...Read their story >Funding via Bai Tushum Bank
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 6,920 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.