Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingUgandaThirty-eight-year-old Frank is a hardworking married man who resides in Masindi, Uganda and has been involved in crop production for the last five years. He deals in maize ...Read their story >
- CerealsKenyaMuthoni, pictured in her house, is a smallholder woman farmer full of dreams and aspirations in her life. She resides in a remote village in the lush hills of Chuka, in the...Read their story >
- Home Products SalesParaguayCarlos is a very hard-working person. He says that he makes a living in an honest and worthy way by selling as as a street vendor. He helps to sustain his household and cov...Read their story >
- FarmingCambodiaA villager from a rural area located in the Phnom Kro Vanh district of Pursat province, Sokhorn is 37 years old and married. She has two dependent school-aged children to t...Read their story >
- FarmingNigeriaMustapha, a Babban Gona Farmers Organization maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Munture village. Mustapha is a meticulous farmer wh...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 2,778 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.