Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- Charcoal SalesKenyaTima is a married woman. She describes herself as honest. She operates a retail business where she sells charcoal. She has been involved in this business for 10 years. Her ...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
- Electronics SalesColombiaLuis is 27 years old and lives in the municipality of Monteria. He owns a technology business since 2007 where he sells many different products. He started this because he ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Personal Products SalesColombiaMercedes is a microentrepreneur, who initiated her business motivated by some neighbors who invited her to a mass distribution channels conference. Later they suggested tha...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- Renewable Energy ProductsHaitiJean-Mary is a proud husband and father of two children. He started as a distributor of fuel efficient cook stoves in September 2015, and since then has made tremendous pro...Read their story >Funding via D and E Green Enterprises
- FarmingKenya“When small scale farmers are given access to credit, they are very hard working,” says Anna, a 45-year-old farmer of both crops and livestock. For the past 5 years, she ha...Read their story >Funding via Juhudi Kilimo
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 5,293 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.