Join Lori Bowers's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- RetailColombiaAdela is a 65-year-old woman who, through selling merchandise, is looking for a way to support her home, pay for utilities and medicine, and to live quietly for the rest of...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- FarmingNigeriaTanko, a Babban Gona maize farmer, is married and lives in a modest mud house with his family in Danladfi village. Tanko is a meticulous farmer who has invested time and re...Read their story >Funding via Babban Gona Farmers Organization
- LivestockMaliBakary is the man with his hands on the sheep [in the photo]. He is Malian, 34 years old, and did not attend school. He is married and the father of six children between th...Read their story >Funding via Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR)
- General StoreColombiaEucaris is a 55 year old entrepreneur who started her own business in order to generate an income. She set up a food store, known as a "Neighborhood Store" in her home a ye...Read their story >Funding via Fundación Mario Santo Domingo (FMSD)
- AgricultureEl SalvadorGregoria is 62 years old and lives in her own home with her daughter. She has been working in agriculture and the cultivation of basic grains for 32 years. When the har...Read their story >Funding via Apoyo Integral
Kiva lenders, like Lori Bowers, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,205 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.