Join Kristina's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- TaxiPeruThis borrower belongs to the communal bank “Llapallanchis Purisunchis.” The borrower, Calixto, is 63 years old, is married, and has four children. He varies his daily activ...Read their story >Funding via Asociación Arariwa
- TaxiPalestineAbed-Azeez is a 30-year-old single man from the city of Ramallah. He has owned a taxi for 10 years and will use the loan to enhance his taxi and paint it to be a smart taxi...Read their story >Funding via Al Ibdaa Microfinance
- AgriculturePeruJohnson is 26 years old, in a common-law relationship, and lives in his own house made of rustic material with his spouse and his youngest child. He lives in the Pimpingos...Read their story >Funding via Edpyme Alternativa
- SewingColombiaAna, for a great part of her life, has worked as a dressmaker. In this way, she has generated the resources to support herself.
Ana is characterized ...Read their story >Funding via Interactuar
- Fruits & VegetablesKenyaWolfensohn is a married man. He has three children. He operates a retail business where he sells onions, tomatoes, cabbages and other vegetables. He has been involved in th...Read their story >Funding via SMEP Microfinance Bank
Kiva lenders, like Kristina, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,671 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.