Join Kristina's team on Kiva
Every day, Kiva connects thousands of people to borrowers and partner institutions around the world, working together to create opportunity and alleviate poverty. It only takes $25 to get started.
- FarmingCameroonJEAN JACQUES is a 30 year old man and father of three children who all still go to school. He has lived in a local village for years and manages a cocoa field that he inher...Read their story >
- Animal SalesMaliCharles is a 45-year-old sheep farmer. He is the one raising a hand in the group photo. He lives in a small village in Mali. He is married with 8 children ages 1 to 20, 4 o...Read their story >
- Beauty SalonGhanaIn the localities of Chokor is a group called Yesu Nti represented by Theresa, who is 36 years old hard-working and industrious woman. She is married with two children who ...Read their story >
- Food Production/SalesEl SalvadorManuela only studied through first grade. She is in a relationship and has three children.
For 12 years Manuela has been selling tortillas so she has much exper...Read their story >
- Grocery StorePakistanZahida is a 49-year-old mother of three sons. She lives in a two roomed house with her family in Multan. Her husband is a driver with minimal income. She has a small shop a...Read their story >
Kiva lenders, like Kristina, combat poverty daily by making small loans to borrowers around the world. We believe in fair access to affordable capital for people to improve their own lives.
Often only a relatively small amount of money stands in the way of Kiva borrowers and their dreams. Whether it’s a Kenyan farmer who needs $500 in order to double her grain production, or a young Bolivian woman who lacks the $1,500 tuition for nursing school, Kiva lenders provide a hand up to these and countless other borrowers.
Join us and make a loan today.
- Choose a borrower
Browse hundreds of borrower profiles and find a story that connects with you.
- Make a loan
Click ‘Lend’ to send money via our Field Partners, who vet, distribute and administer each loan.
- Get repaid
Receive updates as the borrowers you support succeed and repay their loans.
When borrowers repay, that money is yours to keep, donate to Kiva or lend again to empower someone new!
We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Get started today
Get started — choose one of these Kiva borrowers...
... or browse all available loans
There are 4,645 loans currently seeking funding on Kiva.